Forty Three

Gita was frustrated at the recent ongoings. She felt like clutching her head and shouting at the world. But ofcourse, it was so unlike her. She would just swallow her anger and let people be, without taking the effort to correct them. She chose peace over rifts. There were a lot of instances since her childhood where she wanted to throw tantrums like they show in the movies - throw the phone, jump on the couch, tear the pillows, kick at some wall in the house, break a vase. But people around her constantly made  sure her meek and people pleasing self always behaved. She feared the consequences of upsetting her people, so much so that she never let her self out. Her mother has always been a force in her life she was scared of upsetting. She expected a lot from Gita and naturally so but Gita never tested what would happen if she did something against her mother's wishes. And now, her husband, who is strict with some things and unimpressed with people.

Gita had a sweet misunderstanding that people from rich household were allowed to break a vase, throw the phone or tear the pillow covers in anger, as they show it in the movies. But her husband who can manage to buy the whole building would definitely have her head if she did those things in anger. He always cared for the household things and like her parents, even he believed that these things are the result of his hard earned money and breaking them is out of question, which she agrees. But then, where can she vent out what these stupid people are putting her through? She can't tell the recent matter to Ami as she knows Isha  personally and not even Shaina as Isha's boyfriend is Shaina's ex and she doesn't want her involved.

But the way Isha is behaving - unpredictable totally proves she is from Anand's family and has his blood. It been weeks since she has been meeting the Khanna heir - Vivek and going on supposed dates with him. Gita wanted to yell at her. When will she tell Anand the truth? The only explanation Isha gave infuriated Gita to end. Gita didn't talk to her much after that neither can she tell Anand the truth of Isha's relationship.

She reached home late, having done her dinner with Shaina and some friends from her college. Spending time with them definitely kept her mind away from whatever was going on with Isha at home. To her surprise, Anand was already home! He was three hours early. Astonished, she went and hugged him. He chuckled at her surprised Pikachu face and the hug.

"I came home and got to know you will have dinner with your friends. Ugh, I hated the home without you." Anand said while getting ready to play on his Playstation. He was excited to surprise Gita by coming home early and spending time with her. She was not there and the home didn't look like...home. He was bored and he remembered why before marriage, he was hardly here. His wife adds life to this place and makes it home. To not miss her presence, he went to her favourite place : the terrace with their plants.

Gita giggled at his admission. He just says these things because he means it while not understanding that these are romantic to hear, only if he had not said with a straight face.

"What's so funny in this?" Anand asked, not understanding why she giggled.

"Hmm. You are so unromantic. You can take me in your arms, pull me closer to you, frame your sentence correctly and then, it would be so romantic to hear!" Gita said and put her head on his shoulder.

"Seriously, which movie are you directing?" Anand again queried and concentrated on his game. On rare moments, her filmy andaz comes out and she tells him about moments that he could make romantic and it just doesn't end at romance, she even talks in film dialogues with the maids but thankfully, her filmy style is contained and she doesn't do it always. After the little exchange, he went back to his game and she went back to her phone. Her time on social media was spent admiring her photos and rereading the comments. She went back to her wedding pictures she posted, she didn't want to go overboard with it neither she wanted to disturb Anand's privacy by posting more of his pictures, even though it is 'their' wedding photos, so she posted two of her individual photos and one of them together while performing the rituals altogether in one carousel post. In the past months, whenever she sees this photo, it transports her back to her most special day. As much as it is a cliche, her wedding day was her most memorable day and why not, it was only day she outshone Anand, or she jokingly says so. It was a dreamy day, only sunshine and flowers kind of day. There were definitely things that worried her and she prayed for things to go well, without any problems but nothing bigger than the joy of getting married to her once-upon-a-time's crush.