Twenty Nine

Double Update!! Please VOTE and COMMENT

Two weeks later, the novelty of the marriage had began to calm down. Gita had resumed work and Anand was extremely focused on the conference.
In these two weeks, they had learnt a lot about each other. Gita was always delighted to learn new things about him, whether good or something that irritates her. Surprisingly, she also learnt or more like discovered things about her.

The first day she went to her work place -the school. Her children reacted in the most innocent way. They all talked to her about the new jewelry she wore - her mangalsutra, sindoor and the bangles. They complimented her, some asked her questions and she happily answered all of them and told them that now it was time to study.

Her colleagues were shocked that she didn't go to honeymoon. She could feel some gazes changing. For them, she was now the wife of a leading businessman. Two of them even questioned as to why she has to work anymore. For Gita, till her engagement, she didn't grasp as to who she was getting married to. She always knew Anand's family as the rich family, thriving in the business, but it was truly after the engagement did she began to understand that he was not just some CEO, but one of the leading ones in the country. And in the last two weeks, she saw why was he such a leading businessman. He put his blood and sweat in the work. He was so driven and passionate, that he could only see his next target.

Gita's definition and Anand's definition of  ambitious was too different. Before a new challenge, Gita is always too scared of what she failed whereas Anand was fearless and built confidence in what he was putting into. Anand has seen her vulnerable and fearful side sometimes and always pushed her to be more courageous and upfront with people.

Not much had changed after marriage. Somethings were the same as before marriage. By the time Anand came back, Gita used to be already asleep.

Two days back, he returned and saw her soundly sleeping on the bed but occupying the entire bed. He refreshed, came back and saw her still conquering the entire bed. He just shook his head, he never understood why some people rolled on the bed so much and acted like they were a clock. But he was grateful that atleast whenever he slept, she didn't come to his side and sprawled over it. It was only when the entire bed was empty, she would occupy it like that. He slowly picked her up a bit and kept her at her side of the bed. But she woke up and stared in his eyes. She looked at the clock on the wall and it was 2 AM. He still came earlier.

He smiled at her took her in his arms. She nuzzled closer to his chest. "You can't come early? Atleast at 12?" Gita asked in a low sleepy voice.

"Hmm. I have a conference that I am preparing for. You know that, right?" He said.

"Yes, but once a week on your work day, you should  come home early. Please Anand." Gita requested in her cute voice. She alone had to have the dinner.
Sometimes, the maids were there but they didn't have food with her despite her insistence. The morning time was the only time they met. Anand would just wake up and Gita was usually ready to go to her work. It was only on Sunday where they had each other's presence in the house.

"Gitanajali, sleep now. We will talk in the morning." Anand pulled her more closer and dropped the AC temperature. This woman was addictive. He couldn't imagine sleeping without her presence. What would happen during the conference? How was he going to sleep? He decided to talk to her in the morning.

Anand woke up early to talk to her. She was brushing her teeth. She quickly got done and asked him, "Hey, sorry if I woke you up but you still have one more hour to sleep."

"No, I wanted to talk to you." Anand said. He scratched his head, not knowing how to start.

"So, you know we didn't go anywhere for our honeymoon. You think you would like Europe?" Anand asked.