Chapter 59

————————Sasha's POV————————

Ivy! She's here! Hopefully Lyath won't decide to cry... he only seems to cry when she's nearby. I can tell she isn't telling Spruce who she really is and I think he's buying it..! The two of them probably aren't too far from the doors to this room and if they come in here, there could be some trouble...

I hear a door open behind me to the right and a man walks past me to grab Lyath. A second and third man come in, untie me and drag me out of the room. As I get pulled out, a fourth man walks in to make the chair and table I was at look more tidy. Then, once again I am getting dragged along behind #2 and #3 while #1 holds Lyath using extreme caution. I can only guess he hadn't the first time and ended up getting the smallest Vampire bite he'd ever gotten...

Before I can even make sound to process what just happened, I am shoved into a room. A bedroom to be exact... like, really?! Wouldn't it just be easier to find/make a secret room? seriously?!

Lyath had been set down gently on a bed and I slowly get to my feet before singing soft nursery rhymes for my sweet little boy. I make my way to him and really take a look at his features. He has the most gorgeous forest green eyes and has handsome auburn hair identical to Ivy's that is just starting to grow. As sit down beside him he rolls onto his stomach and wiggle-crawls over to me. I laugh and pick him up then rub my nose on his making him giggle loudly.

The door is thrown open but stopped from hitting the wall and a man walks in looking livid. I quirk an eyebrow and give him the 'really' look.

The man speaks forcefully "Here," he shoves a baby bottle into my hand, "now keep the baby quiet."

"The baby? He has a name! Jeez! And, he was giggling! Not crying!!" I roll my eyes at him as he glares at me, an unspoken threat flickering in his eyes.

—————————Ivy's POV—————————

Spruce slowly turns a doorknob and opens the door almost as comically slow as a slow motion video. I know he's hiding something but I can't let him know that his 'secret' is what I'm ultimately here to get. But instead of showing my real impatience I try something with very little shining through.

"Spruuuce," I draw out his name in a baby-style whine, "why are you opening it so slowly? Are you trying to make this suspenseful?" I force out a believable laugh to stop him from thinking too far into my word choice.

"Well, yeah. Why open it fast and shatter the perfect moment for imagination? Your idea is allowed to slowly morph as you see more and more of the room this way!" I can tell he's trying to scramble for a reply to my statement.

I laugh softly, "I guess I never thought about it like that! You really think things out, don't you?" His face softens as he falls for my agreement.

"So, shall we?" He signals for me to enter first.

I slightly bow my head for a second, "Thank you."

I step in acting 'proper' and turn to face him. He steps back and pulls the door almost all the way closed.

"I really am sorry... I just can't risk you running around free with your heightened senses. But don't you stress! I will be back shortly." He pulls the door closed fully.

Really? Did he really just say that..? This guy is annoying as all hell. No more nice girl, I'm gonna go all out now.

I silently make my way to the other side of the room and check to see if the door is unlocked, it is. Slipping into the hallway I easily know what direction Sasha was taken and sprint that way using tricks to stay silent. The room is really easy to find and it seems that whoever moved her, had just walked her down a hall that wrapped back before putting her in the room. I reach to turn the knob but stop when I hear voices.

"Choose carefully... you free with your mate, or you chained here with the body of your dead son... All you need to do is take Oak out of the picture. Quite simple really. I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it..."

I can tell that Spruce is speaking to Sasha who probably noticed the knob turning slowly. Hoping that Spruce is not right in front of the door I carefully start to open it. Immediately it gets shoved closed.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME FOR THE DISHES UNTIL I GOT YOU INPERSON!!" Phew... he didn't look who tried getting in... I tiptoe to the room right next door and slip in without a sound.

"I have told you countless times in the past 5 minutes, I won't kill Oak! Stop asking! There's nothing you would actually do. You can bluff till you die but you'd never do anything with your own hands... I know that you have no mind link anymore and it would take to long to go get someone to do your dirty work. Quite simple really." Ah... I missed her sarcasm. It's only been half a day but still, I can't feel complete unless she's with me.

Using my opportunity I walk out onto the balcony this room has and am lucky enough that it is conjoined with the room Sasha is in. I don't bother trying to be sneaky, while still out of sight I use my magic to lock the door Spruce is in front of. Next I practically glide across the balcony and easily throw open the doors, I'm surprised they weren't locked! Letting my best hauntingly large smile loose I stalk closer to Spruce.

"Oh Spruce... You really should have thought that through better..." I grab him by his shirt collar and lift him off the ground only struggling to get him up. "It seems like there's a beautiful cliff you mansion was hiding, I think you should take a closer look at it..." I prance back out to the balcony and dangle Spruce off the edge.

"Lily?! What are you doing? I-I said that I'd be back..!"

"Ahahaha, you really thought Lily was my name? Seriously? Can you be any dumber? We're in the middle of the fucking woods! Why would I give you my real name!?"

"It doesn't matter... this is none of your business, it doesn't involve you. She belongs to me and so does her son."

It's almost impossible for me to hold back my furious & sarcastic laughing, "This, This is priceless! Ha! Yours? I don't see a mark validating your claim..." Sasha is beside me now, Lyath in her arms. "Oh! And," I use my free hand to reveal my own mark and then Sasha's. "She's actually mine hehe!"

Spruce's eyes widen astronomically as I release him from my hold. I wait for the sound signifying his landing but hear none. Peering over the side I locate him and smile, proud of my baby boy. Lyath has gained enough control that he is now lowering Spruce to the ground safely! Once I see he's on the ground I use my earth magic to have vines and different Ivys grow over him, holding him in place for a few hours at least.

I turn to Sasha and kiss her cheek, "Let's get out of here..." she nods in agreement and Lyath claps his approval too.

"You found me pretty fast... How'd you do it?"

"I just followed my instincts."