Chapter 85

————————Oak's POV————————

When my phone first buzzes and a message from Reiya pops up I look over at her confused but tap on it anyway. After I introduce myself to her sister my worries about this first ultrasound start to calm down. I can't help but silently chuckle when Ivy implies that she thinks Ray and I are going to start messaging not so innocent messages. Does she really think that I would start something like that in a group chat with Ray's sister? Haha, she definitely doesn't think I would for real... Right?

Wait... Have I ever done anything that could be taken as me having a high sex-drive around Ivy? I hope not because that's awkward. Maybe it's that she was pointing out that it hadn't taken long for me and Reiya to complete the bond. Oh well.

"Ms. Simplepeak, the doctor is ready to see you. Is there anybody accompanying you today?"

I get startled out of my thoughts by the nurse.

"Yeah, my mate is here with me!" Reiya cheerily yanks me out of the chair I was just in.

"Alright, please follow me..."

A soft smile makes it's way onto my face as my Ray of sunshine practically skips along behind the nurse. I think that it's finally sunk in, as long as the pregnancy goes well I'm going to be a father! Isn't that crazy? I'm going to be with my beautiful mate, raising a child that is truly both of ours...

The nurse motions to a door, "The doctor will be here in just a few minutes, Ms. Simplepeak would you please sit on that chair..?" The nurse points to a chair that's beside a screen and a few medical instruments.

Ray smiles happily and easily takes a seat, not needing to re-adjust to get comfortable. I grab a seat and pull it to be beside Ray's current seat and the nurse leaves, closing the door fully. Sure enough, only 2-3 minutes pass before a doctor walks in.

The doctor looks at me as he speaks, "ah... Finally found your special someone, ay?"

It takes me a second to remember who he is but finally I do. It's the same doctor that my mother had throughout her many miscarriages she had after I was born. I believe he's also the doctor that helped my mother birth me...

In response to his question I just nod, the memories of finding my mother killed only a few months ago. He seems to realize why I became so downcast as his loose smile slips into a slight frown and he pats me on my shoulder.

"I heard that she's no longer with us here but, remember that she's watching over you and I bet you everything that you've made her proud."

A small barely noticeable tear slides down my cheek as I nod again before turning towards Ray.

"Okay, so... Let's get a look at the progress."

The doctor sits down in a stool in front of the ultrasound machine thing then gets it all ready. After a few minutes he locates the fetus and looks at us.

"Before I even found where the fetuses were, I noticed a second faint heartbeat..." he's speaking in a grim tone but I can tell he's trying not to smile.

Then it dawns on me...

He said fetuses...

And a second faint heartbeat...

"Congratulations! You two are having twins!" Is the only thing I hear the doctor say before my world fades to black.

(15 minutes pass)

I come to consciousness and glance around worriedly, forgetting where I am and what I was here for...

"Oak..?" I turn to the voice, "Hey. The appointment's over, ready to head home?"

"Appointment..? Wha..?"

"Jeez Oak... I just had my first ultrasound with my current pregnancy, y'know for our children..?"

"Our children... HOLY SHIT WE'RE HAVING MORE THAN ONE?!?"

*Reiya starts laughing*

"C'mon, let's go..." She grabs me hand, still laughing and tugs me out of the clinic.

Finally the shock starts to sink in and I rub my neck awkwardly, "Uh... H-how man-y..?"

She bursts out laughing again then calms herself enough to speak, "Two, ahahahaha, we're having twins!"

My eyes widen, "T-twins?!"

"Yeah, twins you idiot."

"B-but that's going to be a lot of w-work and w-what if I m-mess up..?"

Reiya stops walking and turns to look me in my eyes, "Oak. You're going to do fine! Mia already loves you, which is rare cus she hates everyone but me, and Lyath loves you. We can do this, as long as you remember that I'm here too."

I nod and blush, a bit embarrassed that my worries got the better of me, "Y-yeah... W-e've got this!"

She smiles widely then a glimmer of mischief appears in her eyes. Before we resume our walk home Ray quickly pecks my cheek then races off, catching me off guard.

"Hey!" I chase after her and easily gain enough speed to catch up to her.

As soon as she's within range I grab her and begin to carry her bridal style, a victorious grin on my face.

(5 minutes pass)

The Coven house comes into view and I cheekily close my mind from Reiya. Quickly, thoughts of how to get revenge on her flood my brain. After a few seconds I remember how a few months ago she purposely got me into a steamy mood but then had left me to deal with it alone. Oh hoho... I'm going to get her back for that now...

————————Reiya's POV————————

Oak, still carrying me, zooms through the Coven house doors and up to our room. I try to sneak a peak into his mind but hit his mental barrier. The only time he ever blocks me out is when he's plotting a trick on me or figuring out how to be a tease... Maybe that kiss'n'run wasn't the brightest idea...

Quickly I figure out that I guessed correctly... He swiftly switches how he's carrying me. He now has me flush against him, his hands holding me by my hips and ass. Then he huskily whispers in my ear, "Having some fun at this point won't cause any harm..."

My breathing catches and I feel him smirk against my cheek as he pulls my lower half closer to his so I can feel his dick right against me. Before I can prepare to resist my natural attraction to him,my body practically lights up with desire.

Then, he's gone.

HE FUCKING LEFT ME AS SOON AS HE GOT ME IN THE MOOD!

Damn it...