Crazy In Love❗️

It did not take me long to fall head over heels for Sameer. I was amazed at how quicklyI had developed feelings for this man. It wasn't entirely my fault—Sameer was irresistible. He was soft-spoken, decent and quite mature. I soon realized that I wasn't the one who smitten by his good looks. My other colleagues too nursed similar feelings for him. He was the subject of most of our lunch conversations, where they spoke highly of him, and blushed whenever he addressed them. But I wasn't jealous because he flattered me with his attentions. Whenever he walked past our room, he made it a point to stop and talk to me for a few minutes. This, ofcourse, made the other women envious. When they questioned me, I assured that there was nothing between us and that we were only family friends, which was, infact, true. They believed me in first but their suspicions were comfirmed the day I was promoted to an assistant designer's post after completing probation period. I decided to ignore their comments and focus on my work.
   Sameer and I did meet outside office—we sometimes walked over to the nearby coffee shop for lunch or attended dinner parties at eachother's homes with our families. The best part about these meetings was the conversations. We talked about everything—from discussing the most random things to giving voice to our goals and desires. He told me about his life in Canada—his house, his friends—their favourite haunts—and how much he missed it. He often basked in the memory of his past relating anecdotes from his time there. I enjoyed listening to these stories. They gave me a sense of his likes, dislikes, hobbies, and interests. He took a keen interest in my hobbies, interests and things I loved to do too. He never looked away when we talked.
   Over the next few weeks, I became quite close to him and his family. We definitely shared something. Something more than just friendship. I did not tell him how I felt because I expected him to make the first move. My friend Soniya told me I was in love with him. Maybe I really was, but I wasn't sure. At times, I felt he didn't want to rust into anything. I wanted the same, but the desire to be close to him because more intense as the days passed.
   I craved to be in his company or lock eyes with him in office. At home, I stalked him on Facebook for hours. At the dinner table, I only spoke about him and our time together. My parents soon realized that I was crazily in love with him. One day, my father asked me if I wanted to marry me, I instantly said yes. I just wanted to be with him amd spend every moment of my life with him. I'd known him for almost a year now, and I couldn't be surer about my decision.
   Finally, the day came when he asked me out on a date. It took me an entire day to decide what I would wear. I settled for a pink satin maxi dress and coiled my hair into a neat bun at the nape of my neck. My parents and I looked beautiful.
    He picked me up from my place at 7 p.m. and then drove us to his favourite eatery in London, The Ledbury. Everything about him was extraordinary. Like a fine gentleman, he opened the door and led me inside the restaurant. Dressed in a camel-coloured blazer and beige pants, he looked breathtakingly handsome. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

   "I'm sorry I didn't ask if you wanted to come here or not," he said as he pulled out a chair for me.
   "It's your favourite place. Why wouldn't I want to come here?" I replied, smiling at him.

   My cheeks crimsoned when I realized he was looking at me. He always had this effect on me.

  "What's the name of your favourite restaurant here?" He asked, resting his elbows on the table and leaning forward.
   "Oh, there are so many, Hard Rock Café, The Barbary...etc. etc."
    "Next time, we'll go to a place of your choice," he said as he picked up the menu.
    "Sure," I said.

After we were done with the dinner, he ordered a bottle of wine and poured himself a glass. He offered it to me but I refused. This wasn't the time to get carried away. I wanted to know what else he had planned for us tonight. His eyes bored into mine as he sipped his drink. I returned his intent gaze, my cheeks turning a deep shade of crimson in the process. Suddenly, muffled giggles snapped me out of my trance, amd I turned around to see what was happening. A group of girls seated at the table behind us, were looking at Sameer and smile flirtatiously. I felt a sharp pang of jealousy. He sensed my discomfort and turned around to see what was causing it. He looked at the girls and then back at me, and I did the same. Both of us stared at eachother for a few seconds and then burst out laughing.