The Wedding❗️

On the brighter side, our wedding date had been fixed. I couldn't wait to start a new life with Sameer. Our wedding happened in a jiffy. I had expected a grand affair because Uncle Yash had a lot of friends in London. But, he chose to keep it small by inviting only his close friends and family. We had invited our immediate relatives from Mumbai. My elder brother, was specially flying down from Australia to be a part of the celebration, but his wife had refused to accompany him. This made Mumma very unhappy.
Two days before the main day, we held a small mehndi ceremony at our house where I invited all my close friends. I missed Rey, but I knew I couldn't call him. I hadn't even told him I was getting married. Maybe this was the right thing to do. Maybe there was no place for him in my life.
The marriage was to take place in a local mandir followed by a grand reception. Finally, the day was upon us. Sameer, along with his parents sit beside me. I stole a coy glance at him. He was a vision in an off-white sherwani. I couldn't believe I was marrying this gorgeous man. I had waited for this moment for so long and it was finally happening. Pandit G started his mantras. He looked at me, grinned. I felt shy. But I was nervous too. The question, Had I made the right decision, was still troubling me deep down. I knew there was no turning back from here. I tried to quieten my mind but the thought presisted. I felt sick to my stomach but tried to suppress the feeling.

Since the reception was on the same day, we hurried back to Sameer's place, my house, in Mallord Street, straight from mandir. Sameer followed me into our room, which was decorated with colourful flowers and fairy lights, and then locked the door from inside. My heart thumped loudly in my chest as I took in the decor.

  "Why don't you sit on the bed and relax for a bit? I'll go and change," he said.

I waited for him with batted breath, my body burning with desire.
After a while, he came into the room looking fresh. He combed his fingers through his hair as he sat beside me, his eyes not leaving mine.

   "Do you want to change?" He asked.
   "Uh, yeah, I have to get ready for the reception," I managed to say, my lips quivering with nervousness.
    "Want me to help you get rid of the jewellry and... clothes?" he asked, getting up. I stood up too, his words making me little dizzy.
    "No, I... Uh.... I'll manage," I said.
    "Come let's take this dupatta off your head." I gave him a sidelong glance as he removed the countless bobby pins from my hair and and fell in love all over again. His eyes soon met mine, making me go weak in the knees. He took the dupatta off and held my face in his hands. I closed my eyes and waited for his warm lips to meet mine. Before he could kiss me, a loud knock on the door interrupted the moment. It was Sameer's mother.

   "Hey Mom!" he said, planting a kiss on her forhead.
   "I hope I've not disturbed you," she said, winking at us.
   "Ofcourse not, Aunty." I mumbled, lowering my head.
   "Please call me Mom, no more Aunty. Okay?"

I nodded in agreement.

  "Here you go. This is the dress you'll be  wearing tonight at the party. The jewellry is also inside the packet," she said, handing me the decorated basket. 

   "This looks beautiful. Thankyou." I said gratefully.
   "The guest will start arriving by 7 pm. Make sure you both get ready by then."
   "Sure Mom." He said, leaning against the door.
   "Taani, I've hired a makeup artist for you. She'll be here in ten minutes," she said as she exited the room.

Later in the evening, I sat infront of the mirror, taking off my jewellry in a slow and thoughtfull manner. The reception party had been a grand affair— Uncle Yash had invited all his colleagues, friends and relatives. Sameer look striking in a black suit, which he had paired with a blue shirt and tie.

After standing on the stage all evening, meeting all and sundry, I felt exhausted and yearned to hit the bed. Thankfully, the party was soon over and after bidding good ye to my parents and brother, I came home with Sameer and his parents.

I was halfway up the staircase when I realized Sameer was not following me. I craned forward to see where he was and saw him sitting with his parents in the living room. He looked up and said, "You please go up. I've some work to finish. I'll see you in a bit."

It had been an hour since  but he had still not come up.
Suddenly my phone beeped, piercing the silence. I looked around and saw it was lying on the bed. Amongst million of messages and missed calls, Sameer's message caught my eye. Why was he texting me?

  There's a black lacy nightie in the walk-in cupboard. Please wear that tonight.

My cheeks crimsoned as I read the message. I read it again and again until my head reeled. I found the black lacy nightie, carefully wrapped in a baby-blue paper, on one of the shelves of the walk-in cupboard. The sight of the garment brought a coy smile to my face. I imagined Sameer's expression when he saw me in it. The thought aroused me. I slowly took off my clothes and stepped into the shower. I slathered on some moisturizer before slipping into the nightie. I examined myself in the mirror. I had never worn a lacy nightie before and felt a bit self-conscious. But why was I scared? Isn't this what I wanted? Putting my fears aside, I picked a fine-toothed comb and ran it through my silky, straight hair. I pit on some makeup and sprayed some perfume on. Gathering my courage, I unlocked the door, and stepped into the room. To my astonisment, the room was bathed in darkness. Only a small lamp glowed in a corner. I could make out Sameer's silhouette on the bed and hear his gentle snores. A lump formed in my throat and I lowered my eyes to hide my disappointment. I had never felt so humiliated in my life. Before he could wake up and see me in the nightie, I rushed inside the washroom and closed the door behind me. How could he just fall asleep without telling me? When did he come into the room? He knew I was going to wear the nightie. Couldn't he have waited for me a bit longer? He had ruined our first night together.

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok guys, if you are feeling bored, with these chapters so let me tell you, in these chaps, Taani will get to know that Sameer is gay! These are flashbacks! So, don't be bored!
More exciting chapters are coming!✌🏻

Thankyou
xoxo