The Delusion❗️

I was glad that I was finally settling down. I had classes four days a week and the other three days were booked for the media club. I talked to Maa and Vihaan almost everyother day on Skype. Occasionally, I talked to Dad and Harman mamu too. I also kept in touch with school and collage friends through Facebook. I would tease Swayam and ask him to shift to London ao I could him up with a gori. He would laugh at my absurdity as he knew his dad would never let him come.
  There were times when I seriously considered taking a part-time job to earn some extra money but both Maa and Mamu always tried to talk me out of it. They told me I shouldn't worry about the expenses and should only focus on my studies. I didn't like being dependent on  someone else. Therefore, I decided to take up a part-time job without telling anyone about it.
    My flatmate, Vikram, and his girlfriend chose to keep a distance from me, and I did the same.
   I would be lying if I said that I never searched for Taani on social media. I did stalk her on Facebook sometimes. I could only look at her display and cover photos as most of her information was private. She still lived in London but I had no idea in which locality. I often fantasized about bumping into her some day.

   Instead of the Tube, I had taken a bus to the university. I regretted my decision as soon as I stepped in as it was over-crowded. Since I didn't get a place to sit, I had to stand all the way to my stop. My backpack felt heavy on my shoulders as it was loaded with books, a laptop, and my camera. The bus stopped at a traffic signal and new passengers stepped in. Yawning, I looked outside the window. Suddenly my heartbeat quickened as I thought I saw a familiar face standing by the side of the road. Was it Taani? Or I was hallucinating? It was difficult to say. I rubbed my eyes and inched closer to the glass window. The lights turned green and the bus jerked forward. It soom gathered speed and I lost sight of her. I wanted to believe she was Taani. Who else could it be? I wish I had jumped out of the bus. I had missed the chance. But I had noticed the name of the music store behind her. I made a mental note to visit the store soon.
     The next few days passed rather slowly. Everyday, I took the same bus, hoping to catch a glimpse of her once again. Unfortunately, there was no sign of her.
   But my luck changed one day. I saw her. I kept my eyes peeled as the bus stopped at the same signal again and there she was. Dressed in a pair of torn denims, a gray-coloured loose cardigan and gray heels,

 Dressed in a pair of torn denims, a gray-coloured loose cardigan and gray heels,

she was walking towards the music store. As I observed her face, a sense of familiarity hit me. My heartbeat almost stopped. I knew her. I recognised her face. She looked exactly the same. The only difference was that she was wearing kajal. Her nose was still the same, delicate, but now a sparkling nose ring adorned it. She had grown her hair over the years; it fell beautifully in loose curls over her shoulders.
    I didn't want to lose her again, so I quickly ran towards the exit door and jumped out. I noticed there was a lit cigarette between her fingers. She still had not quit smoking, I reflected. A lot had changed about Taani but for me, she was still the same girl I had fallen in love with. I smiled at her, knowing that she wasn't even aware of my presence. I couldn't hold my excitement and happiness. I had finally found her.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~