The Loss❗️

Rey's P.O.V/

It was hard for me to cope with the reality of the heartbreak. I had somewhat endured the pain of Taani leaving me when she had moved from Mumbai to London a few years back but I had no idea how I was supposed to deal with this now. I wish I'd downed a few more tequila shots to forget whatever she said to me that night. Bearing the loss a second time around wouldn't be easy for me. Had Taani only said that she liked someone, it may have been easier. But Taani didn't only like him, she was keen to marry him. She wanted to start a life with him. It wasn't a mere school girl crush. She was serious about Sameer and being with him. After she told me her story, initially I thought that she might not be serious because she was drunk that night. But I was wrong.

The next morning, I woke up to her call, and she asked me if I was hung-over from the night before. She apologized for making me drink too much. I lied and told her that I was fine. The conversation went smoothlyfor a while till she mentioned Sameer again. She apologized that she hadn't told me about him earlier. I had not met him yet but I felt hatred upon hearing his name. I wished that the night before had been an ugly dream. I wished I had woken up the next day and everything turned back to the way it was before. But it was real and realities do not change at whim. You have to accept them. Sameer was still much there. Taani was still serious about him, I changed the topic and lied to her that I was getting late for class. She told me that she wanted to meet me but I ignored her. I managed to end the call.

I got up from the bed and rushed into the washroom. As I splashed water on to my face, I realized what I had got myself into. Did I really come to London for love and heartbreaks? To deal with the messy love life? I had come here to study, to become independent and earn well enough to provide for my family. As my own reality hit me, I sat down on the toilet seat and thought about the direction my life was taking. I had deviated from my purpose because of Taani. She had broken my heart back in high school but I would not let her do it again. I would face this heartbreak and fight it.

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~