Deserve Her The Most❗️

A Year Later
London, UK

When I was a kid I always used wonder if I would ever get a chance to showcase my work, my photographs, to the rest of the world. Shifting to London for my higher education has change my life in many ways. After years of struggle, I finally had my own photography studio in London and was among the most popular contemporary artistes of the metropolis. And now I was finally having my own photography exhibition at The Photographer's Gallery.
I have done exceptionally well as well as my professional life was concerned. My family was also happy with my progress. My brother had shifted to London to complete his bachelors programme and was staying with me.

Last month, I had surprise my parents with flight tickets to the UK it was a family reunion and I was happy to see everyone I loved in the same room. Everything was going fine until Maa brought up the topic of my marriage. I bought time by telling her that I wasn't ready for a long-term commitment. She was not convinced but did not pursue the matter as she knew it would just lead to an argument.

It was the day of the exhibition. Some of my best work still date were on display. Except for one—candid shot of Taani riding a bicycle. The picture was quite close to my heart, and I did not want anyone to own it, except for me. She might have chosen someone else over me, but the truth was, I was still not able to forget her. At first she had lived in my memories, but now she dominated my thoughts, overpowering every aspect of my life.

"Rey, do you have a minute." Arjun, my coworker, asked, bringing me back to the present.

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" I asked.

"I think we have a problem. There's a customer who is insisting on buying the picture which is not for sale."

"What?" I asked, frowning.

"Yes, I did explain that it wasn't for sale but he is not listening. He said he's willing to pay double the price."

"Double or triple, who cares? Just tell him it's not for sale," I said with a wave of my hand.

"I did but he's still insisting. Why not consider it? He's paying double," Arjun said.

"Who is he? Send him in. I'll deal with him," I told him.

"Sure," Arjun walked out to get the guy.

I was curious to see who this person was. Why would anybody want to purchase Taani's picture at double the cost unless they knew her? I got down my coffee and prepared myself to meet this person.

"Rey?" someone called out.

I was taken aback to find Sameer standing in front of me, looking as handsome as ever in a light grey dress suit.

"Sameer?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"I'm glad you recognized me," he said, smiling.

"How could I ever forget you?" I mumbled.

"Your work is amazing. I was actually quite impressed. You have an eye for detail."

His presence reminded me of Taani. Karti also come along? Where was she? Was she outside, looking at the pictures? Did she and Sameer insist on buying her portrait together?

"Is that why you came here? To praise my photography skills?" I raised a brow.

"Actually, I have been meaning to meet you. I didn't know how to contact you but then I read about your upcoming exhibition in the newspaper."