TAANI❗️

DOUBLE UPDATE❗️
                                 ENJOY

Surprisingly, it was easy to convince Sameer's mother about my upcoming plan with Rey. When I told her a friend had moved to the city and requested me to show him around, she thought it was a good idea. She wanted me to go out as much as possible, especially when Sameer wasn't in town. If only I could tell her what real solitude was. If only I could tell her how isolated I felt even in Sameer's presence.

I spotted Rey sitting on a bench outside St Pancras Old Church as I parked my car. He asked me to meet him here. I wondered why. Was he trying to make me revisit our memories? Or was he trying to make me understand that I had a life outside my relationship with Sameer?

"Hey!" I said, making my way to the bench.

"Hey," he said, looking up. "What's up?"

I noticed the camera strapped across his chest.

"Why did you call me here?" I asked him. "I've been here a million times." I reminded him.

"I thought you liked this place?"

"I still do!"

"So, why did you stop coming?"

"I never said that." I retorted.

"Really?" He pondered over my statement for a bit and then said, "I think you did mention yesterday that after marriage you stopped visiting the places you loved."

"I don't remember saying that." I turned away, looking at main entrance of the Church, trying to change the topic. "Anyway, are we here to visit the Church? You couldn't come up with anything better?" I smiled at him, folding my arms. "Why do I have a feeling that you're going to fail this challenge?" I asked him.

"I won't!"

He stood across me, adjusting the collar of his back sweatshirt. Maybe I hadn't noticed before but he looked different; he looked handsome. Even his hairstyle had changed over the years. And the beard really suited his boyish face.

He suddenly looked up and our eyes met. He had caught me staring up at him.

"Hello? Where are you lost?" He asked, snapping his fingers to get my attention.

"Um, nothing."

"So, ready for the challenge?"

"Yep." I said with a nod.

"Where are you going?" Rey inquired.

"I thought we're going around the city?" I said as I unlocked the car.

"Yes, we are, but not in our cars."

"Why not?" I asked, confused.

"Well," he took a few steps in my direction. "Our first activity involves seeing the city on . . . . bicycles."

"What?" I frowned. "You're serious, right?"

"Yes, 100%."

"You can't be. I don't have a bicycle."

"Dont worry about that. I have hired them," he said, and started walking in the opposite direction. I followed him and soon saw two bicycles parked against the wall.

"Rey," I said, shaking my head. We can't roam around on bicycles. That's so silly," I insisted, waving my hands.

"No, it's not. It's a lot of fun! You took me around on tour bus. Did I complain? No! Now you have to do as I say. C'mon. Give it a try!"