REYANSH❗️

Quick Update! 😜
      Enjoy!♥️

I was happy Taani's mother had recovered from the panic attack. Otherwise, I would have never forgiven myself. No matter what Taani thought of me now, her father thanked me for telling them everything. I felt it was my duty to inform them. I did not care if Taani hated me for this. I knew I had done the right thing. I stood outside the hospital and waited for her to come out. I had talk to her. Suddenly, I saw Sameer, accompained by two elderly people, making his way towards the main door. I recognized them as his parents. I did not want to miss this opportunity to speak to them, especially his mother, since she knew everything about her son. I walked resolutely in her direction and made my move.

"Ma'am, may I speak to you for a minute?"

"Yes,"

"I'm Taani's friend, Rey. I don't know if she has ever mentioned my name . . . ."

"Yes, of course, she has told me about you. How can I help you, son?"

"It's not me who needs help, Aunty. It's your son."

"What?" A slight frown appeared on her face. "What are you talking about?"

"You know very well what I'm talking about. Being a mother, you should accept your son for who he is and let him live his life. You thought marriage would change him but it hasn't. This had not only ruined Taani's life but his as well."

She opened her mouth to explain, but I interrupted her. "I know it must be hard for you to except that your son is gay. But I think for a moment, apart from being your son, he's also a human being, a separate individual who has the right to choose his own life partner."

"Look, son, I think this is . . . ."

"Aunty, please, I request you to not make things difficult for Sameer and Taani. Please except him the way he is. Understand him. Respect his choices and let him be happy. Because of fear of rejection, because if you and uncle, the societal pressure, Sameer and Taani are not able to live the lives they want. They are compromising for the relationship which does not even exist. Please help them get out of this mess. Please."

She considered my words for a moment. But then her husband called her, and she was forced to walk away. I sighed, wondering if my words had any effect on her.

I went back to my spot and continue to wait for Taani. She, along with the parents, come out after an hour. I noticed that they were arguing— her father was asking her to come out with them but she wanted to go back with Sameer. This really annoyed me. Why did she still want to go back to him and his family? Now that her parents knew everything, she could easily and her relationship with him and MoveOn.

My heart skipped a beat and her eyes finally met mine. Slowly and tentatively, she made her way towards me. From the corner of my eye, I could sense that Sameer was looking at us.

"Taani," I whispered as she stood in front of me, looking into my eyes.

but she didn't say anything. When a few minutes past and neither of us spoke, I decided to break the uncomfortable silence.

"I know what I did was not right but my intention was not to hurt you. What I did will hopefully set things right," I said, my voice steady.

She bit her lower lip and looked away.

"You cannot live with that person anymore, Taani. He's not meant for you. You will just end up getting hurt." I took a step forward, closing the distance between us. But she did not respond. I could see the hurt in her eyes, which were now filling up with tears.

"Forget about me, forget whatever happened between us, forget that we shared something special . . . but . . . but don't forget your self-respect, your life, your happiness." I said. "Your deserve so much better."

She choked back her tears.

"I know what I want and I know what I deserve," she finally said. "You don't have to tell me."

I was reduced to silence.

"Taani, we're getting late. We should leave now," Sameer cut in.

I was dumbfounded.

"I'm coming," Taani said.

"Taani?" I asked, looking at her.

"I have to go, Rey," she said.

"With him?" I shot a quick glance at Sameer and then back at Taani.

She nodded.

"After everything? You're still going with him? Why? I asked, holding her shoulders.

"Because he's my husband!" She pushed me away and took a step back. I was shocked.

"Rey, look," she said, sighing. "I don't want to complicate the situation. I have made up my mind. I just . . . . I just need to go right now. Please understand," she told me.

I took a step back, my body feeling numb.

"You're my friend, right? My best friend? You are supposed to support me, strengthen my decision. Please do not weaken me, Rey, please don't!" She reached for my hand but I pushed her away. "Rey?" she whispered, her pain-stricken eyes searching for mine.

I didn't look up to meet her gaze.

"Rey?" She said again.

"You've always walked out on me, Taani, but this time I won't let you do that," I said, my voice low but determined.

"This time I'm walking out on you," I declared. "And I'm never coming back."

"Rey? Please don't," she said as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"All the best," I said and walked away without looking back, and she didn't stop me.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~