The Goodbyes!💔

How could she just leave for London without even telling me about it? She never told me of her family's plans to move though we had spent so much time together. I drove to her home. I did not care what time of the day it was or if I was making the right choice in going there. I simply had to meet her before she moved far away from me.
  I parked my car, and was greeted by a guard outside the gate.
     'Jee sahib, whom do you want to meet?' he asked me.
     'Taani... I want to meet Taani,' I said, out of my breath in my rush.
     'Why do you want to meet?'
      'I am her friend. I used to give her driving lessons. Don't you remember me? Now, please let me go in.'
   He blocked my way, putting an arm infront of my me.
    'Listen, please, let me go in. I need to talk to her!' I raised my voice and he backed a few steps.
      'What's going on outside?' A middle-aged man in spectacles, probably Taani's father, stepped in. 'Who is this guy, Ramnath?'
      'Sahib jee, he is asking for Taani baby,' the guard told him.
      'Why, who are you?' the bespectacled man asked, his eyebrows crossing into a frown.
      'Hello Sir, I am Reyansh, Taani's classmate and her.... her driving instructor.'
       'Oh. Why didn't you tell us earlier, young man? Come on inside,' he said, as he patted me on my shoulder and led me in. The guard glared at me as I mad my way inside.
       'I am Taani's dad, by the way,' he told me, as he gestured me to take a seat in the drawing room.
       'Glad to meet you, sir.'
      'Let me call, Taani. She's upstairs. Would you like to have something?'
       'No, sir, thank you but I'm fine,' I said and smiled at him.
    He excused himself and went outside, closing the door behind him.
   The drawing room spelt luxury with heavy curtains, large and comfortable sofas and a woollen carpet. I heard Taani's voice behind the door.
     'What? Rey is here? Oh my God!' she said excitedly before she opened the door to see me. I stood up. She rushed to me and opened her arms for a hug but I resisted it. A look of hurt spread across her face and the corner of her lips drooped downwards.
      'Hey,' she said. The look of hurt gave way to a smile. She was not going to be dampened by my lack of enthusiasm.
       'Why did you come here?'
       'You never told me that you were leaving for London. Did you?' I snapped. The hurt and anger came pouring out.
       'Oh, that.' She tapped her head lightly. 'I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. The plan was made suddenly. Even I found out about it last week.'
       'Why didn't you tell me about it last week?'
      'I don't know. It just slipped my mind,' Taani said, shrugging her shoulders.
      'How could it slip... why Taani... why are you leaving?'
   She laughed at my reaction.
       'Come. Sit with me.'
We sat down on the sofa.
       'Dad wants to shift his business to the UK because he has a lot of clientele over there. He feels we will have a better and more secure future in London.'
    I listened to her but still none of it made sense to me.
      'I will be admitted to a good college over there and perhaps land a good job after graduating. In short, I'll get to do whatever I want. You know the kind of life over there,' she said with a wink.
     'Better future, right?' I asked, nodding my head.
  She nodded in response.
       'And what about me, Taani? What about us?'
     'What about us?' She said and shrugged her shoulders again. 'Of course, we'd stay in touch through email. I'll meet you whenever I visit India'
        'That's it?' I frowned.
       'Yeah, what else?' She asked as if she don't had any idea what I was talking about.
      'Taani... are you pretending that you don't know or do you really not know?'
      'What do you mean?'
      'I thought... I thought...' I stammered off into silence.
      'What did you think, Rey?'
      'Taani, I thought you had some feelings for me. The same way thatvI have for you,' I blurted out, my eyes watering.
      'Ofcourse, I do have feelings for you. You've become one of my closest friend in such a short time.'
   The phrase— 'one of my closest friend'— sledgehammered my heart into grains of sand that scattered on the floor.
     'A close friend? That's it?' I said, my voice cracking.
      'Yes Rey. You are my bestest friend and you know that.' Taani patted my thigh.
     'What about that... that night... that kiss...?'
    'Oh, that.' She tucked her hair behind her ears, gathering herself. 'Well, okay. Let's just get this straight. It was just.... just a moment, I guess. I got carried away. I didn't realize what I was doing. You were looking so cute and I couldn't control myself' she said, and broke into a laugh, her cheeks blushing
  I stared at her in disbelief. For her, it was just a 'moment'. The kiss hadn't meant anything to her.
     'So, yeah, everything happened so quickly, I didn't get the time to think. I know it was stupid...'
      'Okay...' I interrupted her in between because I couldn't take it anymore. 'I've got it...' I said, standing up. 'I've got it.'
   Taani got up too and said 'Oh, Rey... I'm going to miss you so much!' She hugged me tightly.
    'I'll miss you too,' I managed to reply without breaking down. I resisted from hugging her back. She had 'friend-zoned' me and it still smarted.
     'You'll email me, right?'
     'Yes.' I said, my eyes ready to well up with tears.
    'By the way, I loved the gift you brought for me! I am going to hang it on my wall,' she said, still hugging me.
  As I walked out of her house, imI wiped off the tears that had come rolling down my eyes and got inside my car. I gripped the steering wheel tight, looking at the cold, lifeless road ahead. I had lost her. I had lost my first love.
                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so first of all, sorry for the crap. I know it's heartbreaking chapter, and y'all must be thinking k how can she just leave him like this n all.... So jaanne k liye, stay tuned.. ❤️