The Confession❗️

I was still infront of Sameer's computer, with my head bowed down, when the door of my room creaked open. I looked up to find Sameer standing infront of me.

"Taani..." he began but his voice trailed off as his eyes fell on his laptop and then back at me.

"What are you doing?" he asked in a low voice.

I turned the laptop screen to face him. A look of horror crossed Sameer's face when he saw the photograph of him and James cuddling eachother.

"Oh, that's . . . . James," he said, trying to act as if everything was normal. "I almost forgot to tell you that both of us studied in the same college in Canada. We're very good friends."

I clenched my fists underneath the table as I mustered the courage to confront him.

"James is your boyfriend, isn't he?" I asked him, my eyes not leaving his. Every neeve in my body shook with agony.

"What?" he asked, in a startled whisper, pretending that he couldn't believe what I had just asked.

"I asked a simple question, Sameer or . . . should I say . . . . Simon Miller!" I asked him again, my heart thumping loudly. "Is James your boyfriend?"

"What are yoy trying to say? And w-who.... who is Simon Miller?" He stuttered, I gritted my teeths in sheer anger. "Ofcourse, he is my friend. He is my Good Boy-friend." He shrugged again, trying to act cool. But he didn't look convincing. He knew something was wrong. He knew that I had found out.

"Stop lying. For heaven sake!!! Just stop lying. I k-know e-everything. I've f-found out about y-you." My voice broke. Suddenly I realized that I had no energy to utter another word. My entire body throbbed with pain.

"F-found out w-what?" he whispered, his expression guarded.

"That you are . . . . g-gay!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, shoving away the laptop. The outburst surprised both Sameer and me.

"Taani . . . .," he said and took a step towards me, his eyes filling with tears.

"Go Away, Sameer! You fucking ruined my life . . . ."

Tears endlessly streamed down my cheeks as I shoved him away.

"Listen to me, Taani."
He tried to embrace me.

"Why should I listen to you? You kept a secret from me, from my family. You could have told me everything about yourself. I would have walked away. Why did you marry me, Sameer? Why did you ruin my life? Answer me!"

"Taani, please calm down."
He held my arm but I shoved me away.

"No! Leave me alone! I don't want to be with you!"

Sameer continued to hold my shoulders in a firm grip.

"Leave me, Sameer!"

I tried to struggle out of his grip but it was much stronger than I'd imagined.

"Just listen to me please! Once!"

Sameer engulfed me in his warm, soothing arms and I gave up the struggle. He stroked my hairs gently with his fingers and kissed the top of my head. Shivers ran down my spine when he kissed me and I began to cry again. I brought my palms up and sobbed into my hands.

Sameer went down on his knees infront of me and took my hands in his. I shivered but he calmed me down by stroking my hand.

He looked at me, the fear had left his eyes.

"I'm a homosexual . . . have been homosexual for as long as I can remember."
His fingers interlaced with mine as he declared it.

I freed one of my hands from his grip and clamped it against my mouth to hold back the sobs.