REYANSH❗️

After our little coffee date, we strolled down the street aimlessly. I felt the crisp December air on my face and shivered slightly.

"Does Sameer know that you're here with me?" I suddenly asked her, forgetting that this was a touchy topic.

"Yes, I've told him. He's not in town though. He will returns from Chicago next week," she said, her voice composed.

"Does he know about me?" I asked, giving her a sidelong glance.

She looked at me and nodded.

"Does he approve of you meeting your males friends?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Most husbands are possessive, you know. But hey, you don't have to worry. Sameer can't be possessive about you. He clearly isn't the jealous type." I chuckled, hoping she would ignore my sarcasm.

"He trusts me," she snapped back.

"Ofcourse, he does. You're the one who's cheating on him."

She stopped in her tracks as soon as these words came out of my mouth. I had done it again. I just couldn't help taking digs at her husband. She gave me cold stare.

"Oh, C'mon," I said, raising my hands in surrender. "I was just . . . . Kidding.

She looked upset.

"Taani, c'mon don't tell me you can't even take my jokes now?"

"If my relationship with my husband is a joke to you . . . then I don't even know what to say," she said, her voice breaking. I didn't want to spoil her mood or our evening.

"Ok fine," I sighed. "I'm sorry!"

Ignoring my hollow apology, she strode ahead, towards the Tube station.

"Acha, listen . . . ." I followed her, "Don't act like a stubborn child now. You know we're friends. Doston mein sab chalta hai."

"Whatever, Rey." She said, slowing down.

"So, when does your curfew end? How much time do you have?"

"Why?"

"I wanted to show you around, you know." I shrugged.

"What?" She guffawed. "You want to show me my own city? Don't you remember, I was the one who showed you around in the first place."

I was glad she remembered our time together. It brought an instant smile to my face.

"Do you think, that's London? Those touristy spots?"
I said, shaking my head.

"What do you mean?" She folded her arms.

"Sweetheart, I'll show you the real London. The city you haven't seen yet."

"Oh, C'mon. I know this place like the back of my hand. Every nook and cranny. There's not even a single place I haven't visited," she said.

"Are you challenging me, Taani Shekhawat?"

"Yes, I am, Reyansh Singhania!"

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~