The Apology❗️

The next day, I walked to the same music store where I had seen her yesterday, hoping to see her again. I wandered through the aisles, looking at new releases. But my mind was elsewhere. Every approaching footsteps, every clink of the door made my heartbeat faster. Every now n then I craned my neck to see if she was there. After around half n hour, she walked into the store, wear a pair of khaki pants and a bright pink cardigan. She looked adorable, and I couldn't stop admiring her. She walked down the aisle, checking out the albums one by one. I followed her around for a while, picking up the albums she had just held in her hands. I saw her put on a pair of headphones amd I too followed suit. Soon, I got engrossed in the song I was listening to and lost track of time. When I realized that a considerable amount of time had passed and looked up, she was nowhere to be seen. I wondered if she had left.

  'Damn....where did she ho?' I whispered to myself, ruffling my hairs.
  'Looking for someone.' I heard her voice.

Startled, I turned around and almost bumped into her.

  'Oopss, be careful.' she said.
  'Sorry.' I muttered, a little embarrased.
  'So dude, chakkar kya hai? Were you looking for me?' she asked me.

I tried to avoid her gaze but it was impossible.

  'Or should I say... you were following me, stalker?'
   'No...' I blurted out. 'It's not like that. I.... uh...
I'm not a stalker.'
   'Then what were you doing here?'
   'I just wanted to....'
   'Yeah..'
   'I wanted to apologize for the other day.'
   'Oh..' she said, raising her brows.
   'What I did at the party last night was really stupid, but you saved me....' I continued.
   'Why didn't you just tell me that you were Rey?' She asked all of a sudden.

The question took me by a surprise. She remembered me. My name. My face. Everything.

  'You thought I'd forget you?' Dude. I don't forget my friends easily.'

I looked down, feeling embarrased.

   'How could I not recognize you, Rey?' Your face... it's still the same. You still have that innocent face..' she said, beaming.

I looked into her eyes.

  'Rey..' she said. 'Where have you been, yaar? I've missed you so much!' She stepped closer and embraced me, leaving me stunned. I didn't have the courage to hug her back. The intimacy of the act sent thousands of chills down my spine.

   'You haven't changed much, have you?' She pulled herself back and then observed me from head to toe .

I smiled at her .

    'Except for you hairstyle.' she said, as an afterthought.
    'Maybe.' I whispered.
    'I'm so happy to meet you, seriously!' She patted me on my arm.
    'Me too...' I told her, nodding. I meant it. I hadn't felt this happy in a long time.

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~