Momentary Bliss❗️

The next morning, I woke up with heavy head. I tried to remember what exactly had happened last night but my memory failed. I remembered Sameer's words. 'We will make love tonight.' But I didn't feel any different. I had heard a million stories from girlfriends about losing one's virginity—about the soreness between the legs; the breaking of the hymen; the blood-stained sheets. But I didn't feel any of that; only my head throbbed with pain.as I turned to get a glass of water, I suddenly realized that I was fully clothed. Didn't Sameer take off my clothes last night? Ofcourse he did! I remembered that part well. But what had happened after that? I tried to gather the pieces of last night's memory but failed. The last thing I remembered was him lying on top of me and kissing my neck. Other than that, my mind was completely blank. Why couldn't I remember anything? It was supposed to be a very special night for me. The most memorable one. Before I could get up or do anything else, I saw Sameer making his way to the room, bearing a breakfast table.

"Hey, good morning. Thank God, you're up." He beamed at me as he put the tray on the side table.

I smiled at him nervously.

"I contemplated waking you up but couldn't. You were sleeping like a baby. I just couldn't disturb you." He sat down next to me, holding my hands.

"I've brought breakfast for you."

"That's . . . . . very thoughtful of you."

"Let's eat. I'm very hungry," he said and starting buttering a slice of toast.

With every passing minute, I grew more impatient. I wanted him to fill me in on the details.

"Sameer ... did you ... put on my clothes last night?"

I asked him.

He looked at me and nodded.

"Okay," I murmured, cursing my brain for forgetting everything.

"Why, what happened? You didn't like it?"

"No.. that's not what I meant," I told him. "I . . . just can't remember when it happened."

"How would you remember, Taani? You were sound asleep by the time we finished."

"Right." I nodded.

"Last night was special in so mamy ways." He said and winked. "I hope you have no doubts about my feelings anymore. You know how much I love you."

I looked up at him, into his eyes, trying to read his face.

"What happened last night?" I asked him, trying to guage his reaction.

"What you had been waiting for." He said and flashed me a smile.

"Did we . . . have sex?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Are you sure? Because I don't recall anything of that sort. . ."

"Taani, we did have it. I enjoyed every bit of it."

I looked at his face and thought, what a skilled liar he was. There wasn't a hint of hesitation on his face or in his eyes. I couldn't remember the intricate details of previous night, but I knew for sure that we didn't have sex. What made him lie about it? He could have told me the truth.

"What happened?" He asked, breaking my reverie.

"Uh, nothing." I said, looking down at my plate again.

"Are you feeling ok?" He asked, concerned.

I nodded and looked back at him.

Putting my plate on the bed, he leaned closer to me, swept my hair to one side and put his arms around my neck.

"I love you, Taani."

"I love you, too." I whispered, still in a trance.

What are you hiding from me, Sameer?  Is there any problem you're afraid to share with me? Please let me know . . . if there is . . . Please. I want to know.

I pleaded in my head.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~