And It Started🥰

I did not believe in love at first sight. However, she made me rethink my own beliefs. I had never thought that one encounter could make me fall head over heels for someone. I had seen much prettier girls before but none of them had made me go weak in my knees like she had. Apart from her beauty and intellect, there was something else about her that made me want her. I was smitten by her personality, and everyday waited to catch a glimpse of her in school. After that first chance meeting, I found out that she was my classmate. I had been so engrossed in my studies that I had not noticed her and her friends earlier. I repeated her name under my breath, the name that would change my life forever— TAANI SHIKHAWAT❤️
    She would enter the class surrounded by her so-called friends, chewing gum. Before taking her seat, she would glance sidelong at the class. Sometimes I would catch her attention and our eyes would meet. She would acknowledge me with a nod of her head and one of her rare, winning smiles. My heart would sink and my stomach turn somersaults. Not knowing how to react, I would hastily smile back and turn my attention towards my books. She would put her small, delicate hand over her mouth and giggle at my awkwardness.
  She was one of the brightest students of our class and often I, along with other school teachers, got impressed with her witty answers. She was a genius when it came to art and craft. And the fact that she was a talented doodler and caricaturist was known across the school. Her dressing sense was also unique. Even with the simple dresses on, she looked different. She wore heavy metal bracelets on one of her wrist and covered her head with headbands. She always wore sneakers instead of the standards school shoes. Her casual, relaxed demeanour is what made her so attractive. Perhaps, that was one of the reasons why I liked her— why I was so fascinated by her.
    After our first encounter, the boys from her group never troubled me again. I wondered if she had asked them to stop. Strangely, we never spoke— the only interaction being the occasional exchange of smiles. I wanted to tell her how I felt. But at the same time, I was scared. I did not know how she felt about me, and I didn't want to come across as too forward.
   The first year of collage passed by in a flash. It had become a routine for me to sit on the bench outside the gate and wait for her arrive in her white Mercedes-Benz. Initially, my presence would startle her and she would shoot nervous glances in my direction. But eventually she became used to me. The glance gave way to quick, shy smiles. I always wondered when we would get past these formalities and form a real friendship. To my misfortune, that never really happened. Not until we finished our A-level.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~