REYANSH❗️

The next day, I wrapped up my assignmemts by 4 p.m.  and then called Taani and asked her to meet me at Hampstead Heath. She seemed reluctant as she had been to the park many times before but when I promised it would be a completely new experience, she agreed.

"What's up, Captain?" She asked, removing her shades. "Enjoying the sunny afternoon?"

I smiled on hearing her call me 'Captain'. It meant we were slowly getting back on track.

"Kind of," I said, smiling. "How's your arm now?"

"Much better."

"Did the compress help?"

"Yep." She smiled, caressing her arm. "You should have told me you were planning a picnic. I would have got a lunch basket for us."

"Don't worry. I've already got it." I winked at her.

"Really?" She looked surprised.

I nodded.

"But I'm not hungry right now. Are you?" She asked.

"Nope."

"Great!" She smiled. "So what's the plan? Sit and chat?"

"No. We swim today."

"What?" She looked baffled.

I nodded.

"No way." She shook her head slowly.

"Taani, have you even swum in the Hampstead ponds?"

"Never. I'm not crazy."

"But I am. Watch me fo it." I winked at her again, unbuttoning my jacket.

"Rey, are you crazy? The weather might seem sunny right now but soon it will get chilly. You'll end up catching a cold!" She cried.

"Don't worry, Taani. I've done this many times. Even in winter." By now I had stripped down to my vest and boxers. Crossing the Mixed Bathing Pond entrance, I sprinted towards the water and jumped in with a loud splash.

"Reyy..!!" She shrieked.

I pushed myself up and waved at her enthusiastically,
my hair sticking to my forehead.

"I'm here. I'm fine!" I assured her, smiling.

"I can't believe you! Idiot! I thought you had drowned!" She heaved a sigh of relief, clamping a hand over her mouth.

"Don't worry, I won't leave you. Not yet!" I held her gaze.

She first glared at me then flashed one of her winning smile. Returning the smile, I swam further away from her, relishing the cold water.

As the sky dusked, the air became cooler, making me shiver. Crossing my legs, I sat down on the damp grass along with Taani, and enjoyed the perfect sunset infront of us.

"Rey, tell me something, when did you get time to explore all these beautiful places?" She asked, breaking the silence.

"Well, somewhere between learning photography, buying an apartment, opening a studio and aquiring a driving license. Nothing happens overnight."

"I'm so proud of your achievememts, Rey. Your family must be proud too," she continued smiling.

"Yes, they are," I said, unzipping my bag and taking out a pack of cigarettes. "I'm also having a plan of photo exhibition soon." I said, putting a cigarette between my lips. "Want one?"