The Never Ending Wait❗️

When Dad spoke to Uncle Yash the next day, he said that Sameer wanted to settle down eventually but right now marriage was not his priority. He had a lot in his mind what with his new life in London and the family business. He wanted to focus on these aspects for now and hadn't given marriage a thought. I felt dejected when I learnt of this. He had made me feel so special the other day. I was under the impression that he was in love with me and couldn't wait to get married. However, I was wrong. Infact, when I met him the next time, he acted nonchalant about the entire situation. He didn't even mention our date or the kiss or the fact that my father had asked his father about our marriage. He greeted me cordially and then went about his work. I was taken aback by his strange behaviour. Why was he acting like this, like nothing had happened between us? I was confused. And I need answers. I wanted to know why he had forged a close bond with me if he wasn't even interested. I wanted to know if he was involved with someone else. During the lunch break, I barged into his cabin, taking him by surprise.

"Taani, come in." he said animatedly.
"I hope I'm not disturbing you," I said, taking a seat opposite him.
  "You can never disturb me," he said, leaning forward.
  "Thanks..." I said, tucking my hair behing my ears.
  "Want some coffee?"
  "Sure.." i murmured.

He picked up his telephone and ordered two cups of coffee.

"So how's work going? I hope Anna is training you well."

Anna the senior graphic designer, was my mentor.

  "Yeah, she is." I said with a weak smile. I had not come here to discuss my training. I wanted to talk about us. "Uh, I . . ." I didn't know how to start.
   "Is everything ok?" he asked, concerned.
   "Actually... I came here to talk to you... about the other night," I said atlast.

He slowly shifted in his seat, his face composed.

   "Sameer, I know Yash Uncle and Dad have had a conversation. I just wanted to know what you feel about it. About us . . . about our marr . . ."
    "Listen, Taani." He cut me in between. I looked at him, my face solemn. "It's not what you think, okay? I like you, infact, I like you alot. I feel good when you're around."

I felt a bit relieved to know he liked me.

  "But I don't want to settle down right now. Don't you think it's too early for us? Perhaps, we should get to know eachother more."

I looked at him, confused.

   "But we have spent so much time together. You still think you don't know me?" I asked him.

   "Taani...." he snorted. "It's not only about me. How well do you know me?"
   "I know everything about you..!" I exclaimed.
   "No, Taani. You don't," he said, shaking his head.
   "What?" I asked, baffled.
   "You think you know me but you don't. You've only known me for a year."
   "Isn't that enough?"
   "It's never enough, Taani. Trust me," he said.

I felt helpless. I didn't know what to say or how to convince him.

   "So," he said, clearing his throat. "I'd like to give our relation sometime before we get married. We've to be sure that this is what we want. Because I don't want us to regret this for the rest of our lives." He declared.
   "Sameer, I won't regret marrying you. I'm sure about that!" I insisted.
   "I want you to think about it, Taani. Please try to understand?" He put his hand on mine and I shivered slightly. "Plus, I have other things on my mind right now. I have to take this company forward. Strive hard for it. So, please."

I looked at him in despair. I could not say anything else to convince him, so I gave up. Heaving a sigh, I nodded at him.

   "Thankyou, Taani," he whispered, his eyes gleaming. "Let's just wait for the right time, okay?"

I nodded at him again, not sure how to respond. I walked out of his cabin, feeling drained. Perhaps, I was not someone he was looking for. Maybe I lacked something. Maybe I wasn't perfect. Then why had he said he wanted more time? Perhaps he did like me but didn't want to get married right away. He never said he did not like me or was in love with someone else. Couldn't I give him what he wanted? Couldn't I give him more time? Ofcourse I could. I could do anything for him. Anything.
I told my parents not to panic about the situation and just wait for the right time as Sameer had said. I knew we would get married eventually. Till that time, I would wait—— for him to make up his mind, for him to understand me better, for him to say yes.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry sorry..!
First sorry for updating this after such a loooong time... Second sorry for such a short chapter!! Busyy... busyy... busyy...!! Now, enjoy!🥰 will update next chapter very soon....❤️💋 by my lovelies!