REYANSH❗️

Throughout the remaining Ferris ride, a wall of silence fell between Taani and me. I knew I'd done something I shouldn't have. I hadn't planned on expressing my feelings to her, even if indirectly. I had failed my results to never disclose my feelings to her or to let her see what she really meant to me. Perhaps I had offended her, but I knew I had not crossed my limits.

When the Ferris wheel came to a stop, Taani exited the capsule in a hurry, leaving me behind. I hurried behind her, down the steps.

"Taani, I'll deop you back!" I called out.

"It's ok, Rey," she said, avoiding eye contact. "I'll manage myself."

I just stood there as she got into a taxi and left I should have stopped her, held her hand and told her how much I loved her. But I didn't; I just let her walk away. I suddenly realized what I had done. Even without seeing it, I had professed my love for her. I had to stop her before it was too late. It was a do or die situation.

I got into my car and drove straight to Mallord Street. I took a shortcut and reached before her. After waiting for around half an hour, I saw Taani getting out of the taxi and heading towards her house.

"Taani!" I called out.

She slowed down when she heard me and turned to look at me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, a frown appearing on her beautiful face.

"Look, I am sorry, all right? I know  I said something I shouldn't have...." honestly, I had no idea why I was taking the entire blame on myself. This is not what I had planned to see her.

"Rey," Taani said dismissively. " I think you should just go home. It's late. I don't want any trouble." She turned to walk away but I held her hand, stopping home.

"Please just listen to me once," I pleaded, looking into her eyes.

She looked at her hand for a few seconds and then look back into my eyes, her face softening. She sighed.

"Okay, hold on," I said, taking a deep breath. "Maybe I shouldn't be apologizing for what I did. I think what I said was right. I meant every word."

"Rey?" She whispered.

"Taani ...." I held her hands firmly. "Please leave him. He doesn't deserve ....."

"Wait," she interrupted me. "Don't say anything else. Please."

I sighed, my heart beating wildly.

"I don't think I can go through with this. I don't have the courage to in my marriage. And I don't want to see you ever again," she said finally.

"What?" Are you whispered, shocked.

"Yes, Rey. Please do not contact me ever again."

She freed her hand from my hold and walk towards her house. I stood glued to the spot as the reality dawned on me. She unlocked the door and stepped inside without even looking at me.

Had she broken my heart once again? My stomach churned in pain and bile rose at the back of my throat, Burning it. I could not let her walk away. She didn't have the right to decide the course of my life. I had to stand up for myself and speak up. Without warring about the consequences of my actions, I walked up to the main door. Thankfully, it was unlocked. I knew I was breaking in but I had no other option. I found Taani in the living room, leaning against the fireplace with her hand on her forehead.

"Taani?" I said, taking a few steps towards her.

"Rey?" She spun around, shocked to see me in the house. "What the hell are you doing here? How dare you come inside without my permission?" She yelled.