How My Luck Changed!

I think I still haven't mentioned how hard-working harman mama was. He had quit his job at a major telecom company to start his own transport business, which provided services such as cars on rent and driving lessons apart from the usual sale and purchase of seconf hand automobiles. Since childhood, I was obsessed with two things— photgraphy and cars. So, Mama's office became my sanctuary. Everyday after school and tuition, I would go to his office to understand the operations of his business. He loved the fact that I took such keen interest in his work. He was very attached to me because he did not have a son. He always told my mother that if he had a son, he would be just like me. He was the only person who fussed me and spoilt me.
   One day, I came to his office with my report card in hand, my heart swelling with happiness. I scored two As and three Bs in my A-level exams which was quite achievement in my family. Harman mama was ecstatic and as a gesture of appreciation, he surprised me with a second-hand car— a 1995 Honda Civic. He knew this wasn't the model I wanted and promised to get me a brand-new car after I completed my studies. I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly, tears rolling down my cheeks. I could now go to school in my own car.
   A few weeks later, I walked into his office and found him slumped in his chair, looking glum. When I inquired about the problem, he told me that a client had called to request for driving classes.
   'Haan so, whats the problem?' I asked him, putting my bag on chair.
   'Beta, our driver is on leave today. So we have to turn down the client for now.'
    'Oh no.'
    'Oh yes.'
   'Mama, should I go and give the driving classes?'
   'What, are you serious?' he asked.
   'Yes. See, I am free after my tuition classes today. I can easily give driving classes to your client until your driver comes back.'
   'But you don't even have a driving license yet. I can't put in trouble for a client.'
    'Harman mama, it's for one day. I don't want you to lose a client.'
    'I still think its risky.'
    'But why? I won't venture to the outskirts. It should be all right.'
    'Okay. But I will ask your mother first.'
    'Harman mama, there's no need to ask Maa. She will get unnecessarily worried. You just have to trust me.'
    'Theek hai. You can take the carola for the driving class. Are you sure you can handle it?'
    'Don't you trust my driving skills?' i asked him.
   'Ofcource, I do. I was the one who taught you.' he winked at me.
    'Then don't worry. I'll handle it.' I smiled reassuringly.
    'Okay, so here's the address. You need to pick the  trainee up at 3 p.m. from here. Done?'
     'Done!'
   After my tuition class, I took the car from mama's showroom and headed straight to the trainee's house. It was located in the bandra side area, so it took me almost twenty minutes to reach. I turned off the engine as soon as I reached the address and got out of the car to get some air. I waited outside the house for a couple of minutes but nobody answered. I wondered if this was the right address. Disappointed, I was about to sit back in the car and leave when I heard the click of the gate. I saw Taani come out, wearing👇🏻

Taani's dress❤️  lost in thought, chewing gum in her mouth

Taani's dress❤️
  lost in thought, chewing gum in her mouth. She suddenly looked up and stop in her tracks.
    'You? What are you doing here?' she asked me.
    'I... uh...' i didn't know how to respond.
    'Yes?' She crossed her arms and examined me suspiciously.
    'I came here for the driving lessons,' i told her.
    'Driving lessons? You?' She asked.
   'Yes' i said.
    'Are you the driver?' She asked.
    'Yes' i said resolutely.
    'Oh' she said and smiled. 'I didn't know the driving school hired such young drivers.' She said and burst out laughing.
   I looked down at embarrassment.
  'So Captain, will you teach me driving, then?' She gave me mischievous smile, biting her lower lip.
   'Wait, are you the one who wants to learn?' I asked.
   'Yes, who else!'
   'Oh, okay,' i said and smiled, looking down again. I couldn't believe my luck.
     'Shall we go?' She asked.
                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~