For Old Friendship's Sake❗️

I wondered what kind of a person I had become since Sameer had come into my life. I had never behaved like this before—clingy or desperate for a man's attention. I did not like the person I was turning into but it wasn't in my control. I decided to keep myself busy and focus more on my job and social life. We met every other day in office but we never spoke about our issues. Instead, we discussed work. He did ask me out a couple of times, but I politely refused. From his expressions, it was clear he knew I was upset. He could sense a change in my attitude towards him. Still he never asked me  the reason or made any effort to change things. I spent my weekends with my friends—hanging out at local pubs, catching movies in theatres, going out for shopping, or trying out new eatries. And, ofcourse, whenever I wanted some me time, I went to my favourite music store or sat in the church for hours...

But things changed one night. I was at a local pub for my friend's birthday party when I bumped into an old school friend from Mumbai—my captain, Reyansh, the one who used to give me driving classes. I can't explain how happy I felt when I saw him that night. I caught him takimg my pictures, and the moment he laid eyes on me, he blushed. He hadn't changed much. Despite a well-built body and a light stubble, he looked almost the same. He had grown taller over the years and turned into a handsome man. But he pretended not to recognize me and walked away. Then I noticed that a few of my friends were bullying him and intervened. Before he could apologize, I left the party.

Thank God, he turned up the next day at the music store and apologized to me. I was glad he enjoyed my company as much as I did his. If it wasn't for him. I wouldn't have been able to come out of my shell. I laughed, danced, drank and acted wild, when I was with him. There was mo awkwardness between us.

I didn't know I could open up to someone, especially a guy, so easily but Rey made that possible. When I had a terrible day at work, I called up Rey to make plans. He filled the void that Sameer had left in my life. He made me happy, he made me laugh. But most importantly, he made forget the pain that Sameer had given me. It took me sometime to realize that I was again becoming the person I used to be. With Rey, I felt like my old self.

I had somewhat made peace with what life had offered me. Instead of whining about it, I had stopped caring about the world and lived every day, every moment like it was my last. Until one night, when Dad broke the news that Sameer had agreed to marry me. He had given his consent to his parents...

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again sorry for the shorrrt update!!🙏🏻