POVs: TAANI❗️

A/N: From now on chapters contain only povs.

When I told Soniya everything about Sameer the next day and asked her for her advice, she laughed and called me foolish. She wanted me to immediately get a divorce and start over. But she didn't try to understand my situation, my feelings. It was easier to say such things. Until now, I was dealing with only her accusations, but now Rey had also jumped on the bandwagon. But his argument was different from Soniya's. He saw this as an oppoturnity to whisk me away. He was in love with me and instead of understanding my feelings for Sameer, he wanted to poison my mind against him, so that I would choose him over my husband. After our recent meeting, I realized I had made a mistake by telling him everything. This had only made my life more complicated.

I tried to change the subject and told Soniya what had happened with Rey the previous day.

"What are you saying? You've told him everything?" Soniya asked.

"I thought he'd be mature about it and offer some solid advice but I was wrong. He'd still the same. . . ." I said, looking away.

"What else did you expect from him? Any sane person would give you the same advice. I'm quite sure your support group members also tell you the same thing."

I didn't try to defend my situation because I knew she was right. In the sessions too, I had been advised to call it quits and move out.

"Whatever, I've already made a fool of myself. I'm never seeing him again."

"Sameer?" Soniya asked.

"No!" I growled. "I'm talking about Rey!"

"Yeah, right." she mumbled.

"I guess you shouldn't have tried to slap him, Taani." She said after a minute of silence. "The poor guy deserves better."

In the next instant, my phone rang. I looked at it and was surprised to see Rey's picture flashing on it. It was a Facebook Messenger call. I had no idea that you could call someone even if you were not friends with them on the social media website.

"Hello?" I said, my voice low, indifferent.
"Hi, Taani. It's me, Rey."
"I know, it's you Rey." I said, looking at Soniya.
"Listen, I called to apologize. I, Uh . . . I shouldn't have said all that. My behaviour was out of line . . . I was being mean and judgemental. I'm really sorry for everything."

I did not realize that I held my breath throughout his monologue.

"And, by everything, I mean everything, Taani. I'm sorry for hurting you. Back then . . . and even now."

Soniya shot me a confused look when I didn't respond.

"Taani, are you there?" Rey asked.
"Yes, I'm here." I replied, my throat constricting.
"So, have you . . . . forgiven me?"
"It's ok Rey. Maybe it's not entirely your fault. I shouldn't have tried to slap you. I'm sorry." I said, Soniya passed me a reassuring look.

"Let's just put it behind us," he said, his voice relaxing.
"Anyway, are you free this evening? Can we meet?"
"Meet?" I asked, as I raised a brow and looked at Soniya, she gave me positive nod and mouthed the words 'say yes'.

"Yeah only, if you're free?" he asked, waiting up for my reply.
"Um, okay." I said.
"Great. I'll wait for you at the same music store at 5. See you then?"
"Okay see you." I hung up and looked at her, my face serious.
"What?" She asked.
"Why did you make me say yes?"
"Taani, stop blaming me. You wanted to say yes, so you said it. What's wrong in catching up with old friends?"

I looked away, sighing.

"He realized he acted like a jerk last night and apologized. And trust me, it takes alot of guts to apologize to someone when you know you aren't wrong. You're just lucky to have a friend like him."