Escape

I fluttered my eyes open as I felt dizzy. I held my head which was now covered in bandages. I slowly started shaking remembering yesterday's events that took place. Will I never be able to see my family again?...

The door suddenly opened revealing the very same man who kidnapped me. 

 "You're awake I see. Here's your breakfast."
He handed me a bowl of spaghetti as I just began eating it because I was starving. As I was eating, I felt a pair of intense eyes staring straight at me. I looked up to find the man looking at me. 

"Eat quickly. You can call your dad later."
He said as I looked at him shocked.

"Really?"
I asked not believing him.

"Do you not want to call him?"
He raised his eyebrows as I shook my head.

"I want to."

"Then, hurry up. You've only got 3 minutes. Call him and let him know that you're safe."
He said as handed me a phone and I hurriedly dialed my dad's number.

"Hello?"
A familiar voice spoke from the other side as I let out a relieved sigh.

"Dad? It's Audelia here!!"
I spoke as the line went silent before another voice spoke again.

"Audelia!?!"

"Mom!?"
I gasped as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"How are you, Audelia? Are you doing alright?!"

"Yes, mom."
I lied as the man looked at me blankly and showed 3 using his fingers. Meaning I only have 3 minutes.

"Mom? Can you please pass the phone to dad? I need to talk to him."
I held the phone tightly as the phone was passed to another person.

"Audelia, do you know where you are right now?"
Dad asked as I looked towards the man who was now sitting his chair.

"I don't know, dad. I'm petrified."
I sobbed.

"Be strong, Audelia. Remember what I've taught you. Stay calm. I will find you."
Dad said as I felt hope in those last few words but the phone was grabbed by the man who put it on speaker and spoke.

"It's been a long time, Kaleb Rossini."

"Who are you and what do you want from my family?"
I could clearly hear dad trying to control his anger.

"Relax, old man. My name is Alex Diallo. Does my name click anything to you?"
He said smirking.

"Diallo ...Diallo .... That name... It can't be..."
There was a long silence on the phone before my dad spoke again... but this time he sounded sick.

"A-Alexandre Diallo?"
This was the first time I had heard my dad stutter.

"Wrong. That's my dad's name."
The man replied.

"You're h-his son?"

"But he doesn't have one!"
My dad spoke again.

"He did a good job in keeping me well hidden."
The man chuckled.

"But what do you want from our family?!"

"Isn't it a bit obvious? I want revenge for my father."

"Your father was a bad m-"
Dad was cut off by the man ending the call. He looked towards me with a scary gaze as I shook in fear.

"Come with me. you need to shower. Your shirt is covered with your blood."
He said as he got up from his seat and walked out the door with me following behind.

We entered a big room when he spoke.

"Go take a shower. The clothes will be placed on the bed later you finished showering. And... don't try to escape. Or else, you'll find out the consequences by yourself."
He said going out and closing the door as I just obeyed him.

I took off my clothes and stepped into the shower turning it on as I felt the warm water hit my skin. I avoided the water from touching my head since my head wound hasn't still recovered.

After I finished, I wrapped a towel around my body as I walked into the bedroom, looking around to see if anyone was there. I walked towards the door and locked it in case that Alex man comes in when I'm changing. 

I took the oversized white t-shirt and jeans and wore it before heading into the shower to take out my bandage from the head to clean the wound.

I was going to finish cleaning my wound when I heard a loud blast from the bedroom. I headed towards the sound to find that Alex man in the bedroom. I looked next to him to find that the door was broken. Did he just break into the room?

"You're here."
He said panting as he left out a loud sigh of relief.

"Yes, I'm here."
I replied confused.

"Why didn't you reply to me just now?"
He questioned.

"Oh... I was in the bathroom so I couldn't hear you."
I replied.

"I thought you had escaped."
He chuckled to his own stupidity.

He looked at me as his eyes wandered to my head.

"Is your wound okay?"
He asked sounding a bit worried. I nodded my head as a yes and he walked towards me.

"I got this bandage for you."
He said wrapping it around my head as I flinched a little due to his touch.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you."
He said as my eyes met his beautiful dark grey eyes. I could stare into them for hours without getting bored.

He shifted his attention towards my head as he continued wrapping the bandage.

"Done!"
He said like a kid looking at his masterpiece.

"Thank you."
I said as he nodded.

"You are free to roam the house but you are not allowed outside, understand?"

"Yes."

"Good."
He went out leaving the door open. I guess he trusts me. Well, he shouldn't have.

I slowly walked to the balcony of the bedroom hoping to God that the sliding door was open. Thank God it was.

I looked at the view as I sigh. We are not in the city. This house is surrounded by the woods.

I grabbed the blanket tying one end to the bed and threw the other end outside the balcony to the ground. I carefully climbed down the blanket making sure I don't fall and hurt myself.

I landed on the ground and checked the surroundings to make sure it was clear for me to escape.

I looked forward and all I saw was just trees and trees. Guess I'll just have to make a run for it and hope that I find something like a house or at least a road.

I started running barefooted as the twigs and stones from the forest pierced through my feet. It was definitely painful but I need to keep running in order to escape. As I was running, I suddenly tripped and fell to a tree log, scraping my knee. I got up and started limping to my front.

Time passed so quickly as night arrived. Alex must've known I've escaped by now and he should be looking for me. By the minute, I slowly started getting hungry and thirsty but I still didn't stop. I can't, not when I'm kidnapped and now attempting to escape him. Once again, I fell. But this time I couldn't get up. It felt like my legs had given up on me. I couldn't even move them. Not a slight bit.

I groaned in pain as I touched my foot. It was bleeding from the wounds caused by the stones and twigs. If Alex doesn't find me and kill me, I would definitely die from an infection.

I started feeling cold as the cold wind brushed against my discolored skin. I started sweating when it was cold as I panted although I was not running.

My vision started getting blurry as the last thing I saw was a shadow in the woods. I tried to call out for help but all that came out was only muffled noises. I took a deep breath before closing my eyes.