Microchip

We stopped chatting in the restaurant when we realised that it was evening, a sign that it's time to leave.

"Alright, Marco. Take care of Laura and yourself well. If you need money, please ask me and don't keep it to yourself. I'm sure I would be able to help."
Leonardo went in for a hug with Marco. They pulled apart at the same time when I assured Marco.

"Yes, the same goes to me. If there are any problems, do tell me and I will help you, alright?"
I queried.

"Alright, Audelia. Thanks for the meal today. I hope you guys are paying the meal we have next time! I swear the food just tastes so much better when someone else is paying for it!"
He yelled walking backwards and Leonardo just rolled his eyes, yelling back at him.

"Whatever! Take a taxi and get home safe!"

At this point, Marco was already outside of the restaurant and we made our way to the car.

Getting into the car, I was met with a question from Leonardo.

"I didn't really get an answer from you. What did you mean by a trap? I caught the man who your father met up with before his demise and you told me that I've walked into a trap. What did you mean by that?"
I sigh and closed my eyes thinking for a moment before opening them again.

"The man that you caught, Anthony. What does he do?"
I questioned sitting up straight.

"He... he's an arms dealer, he supplies firearms to street gangs."

"And... does he know us? Have you purchased any kind of firearms from him?"
I questioned once again.

"No, not that I know of. Why?"

"Leo. The person who did this has a strong motive and the man you caught doesn't even have a motive."

"Okay fine, I believe you. But why did you say that I've walked into a trap."

"Think Leonardo. Think."
The both of us thought for a while before Leonardo's eyes grew big along with mine when we both realised the same thing.

"Call Diego!"
Leo shouted at me as he drove the car.

I quickly dialled Diego's number before putting it on speaker.

"Hello, Mrs. Torres."

"Diego! Listen here! That man, Anthony, check him for anything!"
Leo raised his voice by the second.

"But we've already checked him twice. We found nothi-"

"Check him for any microchip. It might be in his skin or somewhere but just check him!"

"Okay, Mr. Torres."
He ended the call, tossing the phone towards me before concentrating on the road.

Time skip

We finally reached the office and Leonardo pulled me inside.

"I can walk by myself."
I glared at him and he stopped in his tracks.

"Then walk faster. Your short legs isn't going to get you there fast."
He continues walking towards the lift leaving me.

This man... I quickly shook my thoughts off and walked fast behind him. We entered the lift, but this time we weren't going up. Leo pressed a different number, -2.

The lift door closed and I felt the lift going down at a fast pace.

Ding.

The lift door opened revealing a dark and long hallway that seemed to have no end. The hallways were lighted up with only dim lights. Walking forward, both me and Leo kept a straight face. I followed him when we stopped at a door. Opening it, we saw a gory scene of a man tied up with his head hung low. A man who stood beside nodded his head a little at Leo. I looked at the poor man once again, a cut was visible on his left cheek, most likely caused by a knife. This man was in a terrible state, he could die any moment from blood loss or die a slow death from the infection of his wounds.

"What the fuck, Leo?"
I crossed my arms raising my voice a little at him. He turned to me with a cold expression written on his face. The scene of this man clearly doesn't bother him at all!

"What do you mean what the fuck?"
He kept his cold look.

"What I mean is that this man could die any fucking second if you don't get him treated in time!"
I shouted at him trying to get him to realise the severity of the situation.

"I don't need him alive."

"But why?"

"Because..."
A voice spoke out. Diego.

"We found a microchip in him. They've been listening to our conversations the whole time. This man is useless, he doesn't know anything."
He continued his sentence.

"So what kind of conversations exactly did you guys have in this room?"
I crossed my arms, sighing in worry.

"We're lucky we didn't talk that much in this room."
Diego sigh in relief before handing a smashed microchip to Leonardo.

"And this man? You're just going to let him die like that?"
I asked worriedly which was a surprise to me. I usually don't feel pity for these kind of people but this man... he reminds me of my dad.

"Family... children? Does he have anyone?"
I asked once again. But this time I was hoping for only one answer.

"He does have a daughter. She's in middle school. He said that he was given a job through a text message from an unknown number saying that he will get the money for his daughter's admission into a good high school."

"And did he get the money?"
I waited for his response but all Diego did was look down feeling guilty.

"He didn't get the money, did he?"
I massaged my temples and looked to my side to see an unbothered Leo. He looked emotionless.

"Leo, you're hearing this right?"
He shifted his glance towards me and stared blankly at me.

"Whatever it is, he's still a danger to us and has to die."

"Are you fucking out of your mind?! Didn't you hear what Diego had said!?"
I shouted at him releasing the anger that was built up inside of me all this time.

"You listen here, Audelia. I'm the one in charge here and whatever I say is final. No matter what... this.man.dies."
He gritted the last words through his teeth when I felt a burst of fury take over. I raised my hand up, slapping him across the cheek.

However it is too late before I could stop it. An enraged Leonardo glared at me and before I could apologise, he walked towards me. His steps echoed throughout the room when he finally spoke with a growl.

"You're lucky that you're my wife because right now... I would've put a bullet to your head."
He stated with his teeth and fist clenched.

However my ego was too big for me to apologise. Instead, I stormed out of the room without hesitation leaving Diego and Leo alone.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I am so so sorry for the delay of this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it even though this chapter is kind of short.