A Happy Moment

Audelia's pov:

Getting back into the house after sneaking from the guards, I walked inside with a huge smile on my face. My smile dropped as dad walked towards me, his fists clenched together. Inside him, I just knew he was smoking with fire but he held it in him.

Stepping right in front of me. He spoke with anger present in his voice.

"Where did you go?"

"I went out with my friends."
I gained my confidence to say it to him, hoping that he will let me off the hook this time.

"Don't lie to me, Audelia. I'm not stupid."
He gritted through his teeth. I can't lie to him now. I have to tell him the truth or else he would be furious.

"D-dad. I went out... on a d-date."
I stuttered in fear as I felt my heart beating fast at a crazy pace. He took a deep breath trying to calm himself down.

"Okay."
Okay? What does he mean by okay? Is he grounding me? Is he scolding me? Is he perhaps, going to... ahhh. No, stop thinking right this instant, Audelia. You're only giving yourself headaches.

"What do you mean by... okay?"
I paused before continuing my sentence dumbfounded.

"You thought that I was going to scold you for going on a date, honey? You're 21, a young and strong woman. You know what you're doing. I'm just disappointed thay you didn't inform me or your mom about this date."
Dad sigh as mom walked from the back of him nodding, agreeing with his words.

"Your dad's right, Audelia."
Mom crossed her hands and tapped her feet. Wait now why is she pissed?

"I made dinner for you and you didn't eat it. Now come on, I'll heat it up for you to eat, you must be starving."
Mom walked towards the kitchen as I yelled.

"I'm not hungry mom! I just ate dinner at the restaurant."
Mom spun around facing me with a frown.

"Okay then, go to sleep. It's past your bedtime."
She told me and walked upstairs. I looked at dad as he gave me a stern look.

"Didn't you hear your mom? You should go to sleep now. I'll see you in the morning."
Dad smiled warmly at me as he walked up the stairs and into his bedroom.

I wiped the sweat that was dripping off from my forehead. That was horrifyingly terrifying. If only they knew who the date was, I would have been dead meat today. Luck was on my side today.

Time skip to the next day.

It was past 12 in the afternoon. I was sitting in the living room with mom and Luca watching a show. Andre locked himself in the room doing god knows what and dad is always working like usual.

Ding ding

I got a notification from my phone, indicating that there's a message for me. I opened it as a smile appeared on my lips. It was from Alex.

Good afternoon, princess. Sorry, I couldn't text you in the morning because I had some work. After yesterday happened, I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about what we currently are right now the whole night. Friends? Best friends? Friends with benefits? Enemies? Or lovers?

What do you want us to be?

To be honest, I would love for you to be my girlfriend. That's if you're okay with it.

Reading the message, I felt a tingle down in my stomach. I began shaking my legs out of excitement causing mom and Luca to stare at me baffled. I immediately got up from the sofa, chuckling nervously at them.