Peace

Audelia's pov:

I used the last of my energy to drag Leonardo to the car. This man really weighs a lot more than he looks.

"Get in, Mrs. Rossini. We need to take him to the hospital as fast as we can."

"No, Bruno. No hospital."
I panted as I put my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath. He turned towards me and stared at me in a concerned way.

"Mrs. Rossini, I don't mean to sound rude but you can't let him die, at least not now. You would break the contract and cause a rift between the two fam-"

"Stop. I'm not going to kill him. He just doesn't like to be admitted to hospitals. You can ask him the reason why later. But now we must hurry to the house. I'll call the family doctor."
I quickly made my way into the backseat of the car as Bruno placed Leo next to me.

"Lie him down on your lap and apply pressure to his wound until we get there."
He closed the backdoor before running to the driver's seat.

I slowly and carefully placed Leo's head on my lap as I caressed his hair.

"You're gonna be just fine."
I assured before pressing both my hands on his bloodied shirt. Bruno started the car as he drove off quickly.

After 10 minutes, we reached the house as Bruno hurriedly rushed out to the door side and opened the door for us. Almost instantly, Diego bursted out from the house as he looked at Leo shocked.

"Is he alright??"
He queried with a loud voice.

"I'm not sure. Is the family doctor in?"
I asked, hoping that he had already reached.

"Yes. He's waiting in the roo-"

"Okay. Bruno carry him from his shoulders and Diego carry his legs. Hurry, every second we spend, he's losing blood."
I started breathing heavily and rushed into the house with Bruno and Diego who were carrying Leo.

We were about to rush him to the bedroom when a shaky voice stopped us.

"L-leonardo? Audelia? Why are you guys bleeding? And w-here's M-marco?"
She stuttered as she looked at me in the eye. I sigh knowing what I was about to tell her would definitely crush her.

"Take him up, I'll be there soon."
Bruno and Diego nodded at my words as they hurriedly carried Leo up the stairs and into the room. I took in a deep breath as I looked back at Mrs. Ricci

"Mrs. Ricci, I'm sorry but Marco is... gone."

"W-what do you mean gone, Audelia? Y-you're kidding me right? This is one of those pranks that you are d-doing right?"
At this point, she starts to tremble causing me to immediately rush towards her.

"I'm afraid not, Mrs. Ricci... Marco is no more."
As I finished my sentence, she started shaking uncontrollably with sobs.

"No... not my baby. No..."
She wailed out as I embraced her to try to console her.

"I'm sorry... that we weren't able to protect him."
I lied. I had to... there was no way I could tell what really happened there with Marco. She would be heartbroken to know that the son she loved very much had turned against her other son, just because she gave him more love. It would kill her slowly to know that her son stabbed his own brother.

After a few minutes of sobbing, she wiped her tears and faced me with a concerned face.

"Is L-leonardo okay?"
Her voice was hoarse due to the sobbing as I replied.

"I'm going to see him now and you can come with me if you want to..."
She immediately nodded her head lightly as we both made our way up the stairs into Leonardo's bedroom.

I stood in front of the door and knocked.

The door opened revealing a sorrowful Diego as my eyes grew large.

"Is he okay, Diego?"
I struggled to breathe as I looked at Diego for an answer. My eyes shifted towards the motionless figure on the bed as I started getting teary.

"Tell me, Diego.. is he..."
I couldn't finish my sentence when Mrs. Ricci collapsed into my arms with sorrow. Bruno immediately rushed towards us and held Mrs. Ricci, she struggled to keep herself on her feet.

"The doctor said that he's unconscious for now. He would be able to wake up only after a few days."
I let out a long sigh of relief while Diego looked down as he tried to hold back his tears but couldn't. A tear rolled down his cheek and then followed by another.

"I should've been there with him."

His face was now wet with tears as he still refused to make eye contact with us. With his head still down, he slowly made his way out of the room. I tried to go after him but was held back by Bruno.

"Let him be, he needs time to be alone. For now, let's just get you cleaned up."
He opened the door for me as I hesitantly looked at Leo and the door.

I looked at Mrs. Ricci and held her hands.

"He will be fine, Mrs. Ricci. You know how strong he is..."
I assured her as I wrapped my hand around her.

"Yes.."
She spoke weakly as I sigh.

"You should take some rest. And maybe call, Leo's father... to inform him of this... condition."
I paused and then continued.

She nodded as I slowly led her out from the room.

Hours turned into days as days turned into weeks. The house plunged into silence as we rarely spoke to each other. We just locked ourselves in our rooms the whole day. Diego and Bruno had been staying here in the guest rooms ever since the incident. And about Marcellus, Leo's father... we called him to inform him about Marco and Leo but all he did was to send us money. He said he couldn't come... more like he wouldn't.

And about Leo... he didn't wake up like the doctor had said. I would sometimes stay in our bedroom for hours hoping for a miracle  that he would somehow wake up, but he didn't. And now, I was sitting next to him on our bed. I sigh as I looked at him. Stitches around his abdomen and cuts on his face.

I gulped as I brushed my hair back in frustration. I laid myself down on the bed and faced him. I caressed his face slowly as I felt pity for him. He lost his mother at such a young age and has an ignorant father that doesn't care whether he lives or dies.

Although, everyone here was worrying about him, I was at ease. He looked more peaceful than he ever was awake. My thoughts got deeper when my eyes finally got heavier by the second. I slowly closed them before drifting into a deep sleep.