Ruthless and Cruel

The next day.

Audelia's pov:

I was down in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the two big babies that fought yesterday.

"So immature."
I said to myself but it was obviously heard by someone else.

"Who?"
A husky voice spoke from behind me. I turned around and faced Alex as I nervously gulped. I tried to but couldn't answer his question. It was like my voice got stuck at my throat and didn't come out.

He poked his cheeks with his tongue as he waited for my reply.

"I w-was talking about m-me."
I tried my best to look as confident as I could. He just stared at me blankly and just sat down on the dining table as I sigh in relief.

Daniel who just got up came down to the dining table where he saw Alex. They both made eye contact but just ignored each other. Daniel sat at the other end of the table and Alex on the other end.

I placed the dishes in the middle of the table which was impossible for any of them to take from that position. They have to move to the middle if they want to eat.

Daniel looked at me confused.

"Come sit here!"
I yelled a bit as Daniel just sighed and gave up. He took a seat in the middle of the table as Alex just glared at him.

"You too Alex."
I said to him as he just rolled his eyes. He walked to the middle and sat beside Daniel as we started to eat our food.

After finishing, Alex looked at me and spoke.

"Don't get too comfortable, Audelia. You will get to call your father today."
He said as my eyes lit up in happiness.

After finishing our meals, Alex and I head to his office. He sat on his chair as he signalled me to sit down too. I sat in front of him as he handed the phone over to me.

"Audelia?"
Dad spoke.

"Dad..."
The phone was suddenly grabbed by Alex who had a dark expression on his face while he spoke a husky voice.

"Kaleb... did you do what I told you to?"

"Answer me... did you do what I told you to do?"
Alex said gritting his teeth when my dad didn't reply to his question.

There was a few seconds of silence before Alex slammed his hand on the table and walked towards me as I backed away terrified.

"I guess you don't love your daughter enough, do you?"
He grabbed my hair as I yelled in pain.

"STOP! STOP! I c-cannot do it. I can't choose b-between my kids."
Dad said from the phone speaker and left me dumbfounded.

"So I'm guessing that you're choosing your son over your daughter. I've already gave you an option. Now sit and watch what I'll do to her."
Before I had time to react, Alex started choking me as I hit his chest vigorously.

I let out muffled screams as tears fell from my eyes to his shirt. I was turning pale and he could see that.

He let go of me as I held my neck trying to gasp air into my lungs as Alex spoke once again.

"Mr. Rossini. How did you like that, huh? Does it hurt? Being able to do nothing to help your daughter."

"Diallo, I swear that you will die by my hands one day."
Dad said with rage visible in his voice.

"Whatever old man. Till we talk next time."
He smirked cutting the phone call.

He looked towards me and didn't bother to help me up. He was about to exit the room when I spoke.

"Why..."
He looked at me blank with no expressions on his face as he walked towards me and bent to my weak figure who was still on the ground trying to catch her breath.

"Why what."

"Why do you do this? Why did you take me from my father?"
I said shaking as tears fell from my eyes.

"You really want to know?"

"Y-Yes."
I said but it came out as a soft whisper due to my sobbing.

"I want your father to feel hurt... for what he did to my family. And I can't achieve that by just killing him. He needs a slow and painful death. Only that will satisfy me."

"B-but... your dad was a b-bad man. He tried to kill my mom. T-That's why my dad killed him. My dad did nothing wrong!"
I raised my voice a little at him as he chuckled. He suddenly stopped chuckling as he grabbed my chin with his strong grip.

He looked at me in the eyes as I shivered in fear. His eyes were so dark like the devil himself.

"I know that my father was a bad man. But my mother wasn't. She was so in love with him that she was too blind to see the bad side of him."
Alex said as his eyes changed from anger to weakness.

"The night that my mother found out about my father's death, she was so devastated and selfish. That same night, my mother acted like everything was fine. She didn't tell me anything about my father's death. She just went to sleep and I did the same without knowing."
Alex loosened his grip on my chin as he just sigh.

"The next morning, I woke up to find my unresponsive mother. I was only 8 at the time. I didn't know what was going on. I thought t-that she was just a-asleep. That was when I saw her wrist which was stained with her blood. She had committed suicide."
Alex spoke as his voice suddenly turned into anger back again. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"Do you know what happens if an eight year old kid sees their mother dead? You would be thinking that it might've made me heartbroken. But no, I was filled with anger and rage at my mother, for choosing my father over me. She was selfish and didn't care about me."

"I'm sorry Alex. That you had to go through t-that."
I spoke trying to hold him but he just shoved my hand.

"You wouldn't understand it. It's because you were treated with love by your family. While I on the other hand, wasn't given love. And that made me the man I am today. I'm ruthless and cruel because of them. I'm everything I am because of them."

"But what does this have to do with me and my family."

"You see, Delia. Your dad is the main cause for my family's death. Everything that happened to me and my family leads back to your father. I was unhappy to see that the man responsible for my parent's death is enjoying his perfect life with his wife and children."
His nails dug deeper into my chin as I yelped in pain.

"Alex... Please..."
He looked at me for a while before letting go of my chin. He looked at me one last time before walking out the door.