Father

Unknown pov:

I slowly opened my eyes to my surroundings and saw a male doctor next to me sitting on a chair. I was in my bedroom as Diego stood at the door frame watching us with his right hand in his pocket.

"Hello, sir. You're finally conscious."
He smiled as I tried to get up but instead I groaned in pain and held my abdomen area.

"You can't move at this moment. You will have to rest for at least 1 week. I've already removed the bullet and sewed the wound but it needs time to recover by itself."
The doctor said as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Okay. You can go now."
I ordered the doctor as he got up and left, leaving Diego and I the only ones in the room.

"Sir."

"Did you find out who those gunmen were?"
I said with a blank voice.

"No I didn't, sir. But I do have some information about the girl you asked me to find. And you're not going to like this."
Diego looked down avoiding my stare as I spoke.

"Who is she?"
I questioned Diego as he looked up to me.

"Kaleb Rossini's daughter, Audelia Valentina Rossini."
I glared at Diego as he took in a deep breath.

"How the hell did the Rossinis find us and why would they even try to find us?"
I hissed at him as he looked at me with a fearful expression.

"I have no id-"

"Shut up, Diego! Just get out right now!"

"But s-"

"GET OUT!"
I growled at him and he sigh in defeat walking out the door and closing it behind him.

I slowly sat on the bed, tolerating the pain the gunshot wound was giving me. Why would they even try to find us?

I was disrupted by a knock on the door sending me to the edge.

"FUCK OFF"
I snapped as the door was pushed open by someone. I looked up and widened my eyes at the person.

"Don't tell me to fuck off, Leonardo."
Marcellus glared at me.

"F-father... what are you doing here?"

"Well, your fucking screams are disrupting our family dinner downstairs."

"Our family dinner?"
I emphasized on the word 'our'.

"Yes, Laura and Marco. They came back from Italy to here, America."

"Came back? What do you mean came back? Weren't they happy staying in Italy."
I spat at father but was met with a sting across my left cheek. He slapped me...

"How dare you! They are your mother and brother and they have finally come back after 10 years! Now go down and apologise for your behaviour, you brat."
I looked at father in disbelief as I walked out limping with my left hand holding my abdomen, leaving him alone. I'm afraid if I had remained there, things would definitely take a different turn.

I walked down the stairs with my right hand in my pocket as I calmed myself down. And there she was. My stepmother, staring at me, she was seated at the end of our large table.

"Leo... how long has it been? 10 years?"
Laura smiled.

"Yes, Mrs. Ricci. 10 years."
I smiled back at her.

"Look at you! So grown up! Such a handsome man that you've become."
She exclaimed as she rose up from her seat walking towards me. But she stopped once she saw the bandage through my shirt on my abdomen.