The Black Masquerade ( Part 3)

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes tightly waiting for the bullet to pierce through me. However, it had been a couple of seconds... but I didn't feel any kind of pain of the bullet hitting me anywhere on my body. I slowly opened my eyes that was blurry from my tears to see the person who aimed his gun on me dead on the ground.

I looked to the side to face the very same man to whom I talked to earlier. He walked towards me with a cold expression on his face saying something but I couldn't hear him. Suddenly bright flashes of light flashed as the man harshly pushed me behind him, firing shots at the gunmen.

He looked around scanning the area before noticing a table and flipped it over, using it as a shield for me to hide behind. He walked back to the front again, shooting all the men straight in the head. Whoever this man is, he's definitely not one to mess with.

I slowly regained my hearing back as I heard countless shots of gunfire and bodies laying everywhere with pools of blood around them. I could've been one of them if it wasn't for this man.

The mansion was full of flashes of lights following by the sound of guns being fired. My eardrums would explode if I stay here any longer.

The man from earlier hurriedly came back to me as he spoke with an even and calm voice.

"Listen here, kitten. This is going to get a little messy but... you must get out or you would lose your life in here and I know you wouldn't want that... Do you know how to handle a gun?"
He asked holding both my shoulders, slightly shaking me as I nodded making him sigh in relief. But my breath hitched once I remembered about something.

"My b-brother... he's out there alone. We need to help him."

"Look here. We can't go to him now. I'm sure he's waiting for you outside."
He assured me.

"But..."

"You need to stay alive in order to see your brother. Am I correct or am I not?"
He questioned raising his eyebrow as I closed my eyes knowing he's right, nodding in defeat. Andre... I really hope you're safe right now.

"Good, now listen to me. We can't use the main entrance because there will definitely be gunmen there, so we will have to use the back door. I will bring you there, but... we would have to shoot some bad guys, alright?"
He said and I nodded.

We stood up and bent a little so that we weren't that visible to the bad guys.

"Always stay behind me, okay?"
He looked at me directly in the eyes and I nodded.

We walked a couple of steps before the gunmen noticed us and started firing their guns. The bullets were a few inches away from us as they hit the glass tables and glass bottles of wine, the liquid splattering everywhere including my dress. It was a fine amount of luck that we didn't get shot. The both of us fired back in response as bodies dropped to the floor lifelessly.

"Hold on to my shirt!"
He said whispering-yelling to me. I did as he said and grabbed the back of his large shirt with my small left hand while the right held on to the gun.

Running, we had finally reached the door as the man pushed it open with his strength, pulling me outside harshly before closing the door shut. But out of a sudden, the man collapsed to the ground holding his abdomen with blood running out from it.

Damn it! He got shot... I immediately bent down to him as I looked at him with worry.

"Hold that tightly!"
I said with panic present in my tone. I tried to touch his wound but he shoved my hand away, making me flinch.

"J-Just get o-out of here."
He said weakly but I shook my head.

"No, I won't. I need to get you to a hospi-"
My voice was cut as he yelled with all his energy.

"Fucking hell! Just get out now!!"

"Why are you behaving like this? You need serious help. I can hel-"
I was cut again as a cold metal object brushed against my bare back, causing me to freeze in fear.

He let out a disappointed sigh as he spoke in his cold voice.

"Get out or I'll shoot you right now."
He said clenching his teeth showing his jaw muscles making me widen my eyes as I quickly stood up.

"O-okay... I'll leave now. But I'll be back to get you help!"
I walked backwards slowly putting my hands up as surrender for a few steps before turning my body and running to find someone that could help.

Finally after a couple of minutes. I stopped after seeing a whole crowd in the front of me. Most of them were covered in blood while some were helping those injured.

From a far distance, I spotted a man in a black tuxedo.

Alex...

I can't describe the amount of anger I have on him right now.

I walked towards him stomping my feet as I stopped right at him, his back facing me. I tapped on his shoulder as he turned towards me looking a bit surprised.

"Audelia? What happened to you?"
He asked in a worried tone scanning me from up to down, looking at all the so called blood on my dress which was actually wine from earlier. I scoffed at him as I crossed my hands.

"Where is my brother."
I spat.

"Your brother? I don't know where he is."
He said acting dumb, pissing me off. I immediately grabbed his collar and shook him vigorously.

"My brother was going after you! Don't lie and tell me where he is right now!!"
I said furious.

"Audelia?"
A soft voice spoke from the behind of me as I let go of Alex's collar, facing the person.

"Andre..."
I teared up and threw my hands around him, embracing him tightly.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I left you behind. I was too clumsy and let my emotions get the best of me."
He said in a gloomy tone as I patted his back.

"It's fine. As long as you're okay. You know what, Andre? I was literally praying for you to be safe at the back of my heart."
I said as he chuckled.

"Well, I was doing the exact same thing, praying for your safety. I was pushed out by the panicked crowd and I couldn't get in. I-I tried to!"
He started hyperventilating as I patted his back calming him down.

"I'm fine and in perfect condition now, aren't I?"

"Yes you are."
He smiled at me.

I smiled at him but it disappeared after I remembered something.

"There's a man back there! He got shot while trying to save me and he urgently needs help!"
I yelled in panic. Andre looked around the area and so did Alex but they just looked back at me in confusion.

"What man? Where is he at?"
Andre asked in concern.

Without thinking twice, I immediately dragged Andre by his hand, pulling him to the place where I last saw the man.