A Little Get Together

Audelia's pov:

It's been how many days? 5 days? Since Alex brought me home. I hadn't gone to college since mom said there are people who are trying to hurt me.

Dad is glad I came back home, but he still isn't at ease knowing that there are people out there who are aiming for the Rossinis. I hadn't seen him ever since I came back. Mom only said that he was busy looking for those men who tried to get me.

I sighed in distress and let my body fall to my bed as I closed my eyes trying to take a nap. However, it was disturbed when I heard a knock at the door.

"Audelia? May I come in?"
Dad? Did he come back home?

"Yes, dad."
I replied. He opened the door and closed it slowly behind him as he walked towards my bed and sat on the edge.

"How are you feeling, honey?"

"I'm fine, dad. But where have you been? I didn't see you when I came back home."
I worriedly asked him as he massaged his temples.

"Just some work, Audelia. Nothing for you to worry about."

"Hmm okay."
I just nodded my head knowing that he's hiding something from me.

"Anyways, I've come here to ask you something. Those guys back there, the ones who tried to get you. Do you have any idea who they are? Their names? Or you can just describe them for me."
Dad questioned.

"No I don't know anything about them."

"Okay, honey. I'll go now. Make sure to come down for lunch."
Dad looked a bit disappointed as he got up and headed for the door when suddenly something clicked in my mind.

"Wait! Dad!"

"Yes?"
Dad turned around facing me.

"One of them was called... umm Tom? Wait no! Thomas! One of then was called Thomas. And umm... he's about 5'8, 5'9."
I said as dad approached me with a smile on his face.

"That's very good, Audelia. Now rest, darling. I'll have to leave now."
Dad said walking out from my room closing the door behind him.

Just then, my phone beeps indicating a message has been sent to me.

Well, let's just say it's my new phone. My old phone was lost after I got kidnapped by Alex. He probably took it from me.

I rolled to the other side if my bed reaching for my phone which was on the nightstand. I was too lazy to stand up from my bed and take it.

After 30 seconds of struggling to reach for it, I finally managed to get it.

I opened the message to only find that an unknown number had texted me.

'Enjoying your time at home?'
The message read.

Enjoying my time at home? What is this? Some kind of joke? Well it ain't funny.

'Who are you.'
I typed and sent the message.

The number replied almost immediately after I sent the message.

'You will know soon, princess.'
My eyes squinted at the last word to confirm if what I was seeing is correct and not made up by my head.

Could this be....... Alex?

I was speechless and didn't know what to say so all I did was shut the phone down and immediately tossed it in the drawers and closed it.

Whoever it is... I shouldn't be talking to them. Should I tell dad? No... I would only cause more worry to him. I really don't want to stress him out even more than he is now.

Now let me just put my head to rest. I've been thinking and worrying non stop ever since I got back home and it's only giving me headaches, not solving my problems.

Wait, I know one way to rest... I smirked as I got up from my bed and walked towards the bookshelf. I traced my index finger across many books and finally stopped on a brown hard cover.

I took it out from the shelf as I sneezed. Damn, this is really dusty.

I dusted the cover of the book, reading it's title...'The Articulate Advocate'.

If you're wondering why I'm reading a law book, well it's obviously because I'm studying law at my college. I've always been interested in it ever since I was a kid. But I'm not really sure about becoming a lawyer though. Being the firstborn of the Kaleb Rossini, dad surely wants me to take over the mafia as soon as I'm ready. But I am not really interested in it...well... only time can tell whether I become a lawyer or a mafia leader.

I looked down to the brown book I wa holding and caressed it.

"Well hello, darling. I was supposed to read you two weeks ago but unfortunately I had gotten kidnapped and I've only returned now."

I jumped on my bed and began flipping the pages as I read through them...

A few hours had passed and I hadn't finished reading the book. Of course my hardworking ass had to make sure I understand whatever that was said in the book or else if would've been a waste of time reading the book.

My thoughts got interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Audelia, lunch is ready!"
Luca yelled from the other side of the door.

"Roger that, Luca!"
I yelled in response causing him to chuckle.

I folded the page I had read until and closed the book.

"I'll be back, honey."
I'm probably crazy communicating with the book but who cares.

Getting up from my bed, I literally had to drag myself down to have lunch because of my lazy ass.

Sitting on the table was, Andre, Luca, mom and Mateo, my second cousin, aunt Rosette and uncle Dominic's only son. As usual, dad couldn't be here since he is busy.

They were all smiles and talking to each other as they ate their lunch.

I made my way to a chair next to Mateo making him smile at me.

"So how are you feeling?"
He asked.

"Hmm... not too bad, not too good. Just about average I guess."
I replied taking a bite from my food.

"I see. Well it's nice to see you bestie."
He excitedly said.

"It's nice to see you too."
I flashed a sincere smile at him.

The whole family talked and laughed the whole day, forgetting all the worries we had before.