Lure

Audelia's pov:

A week passed and today, it's my birthday and Leonardo is acting to throw a party at our house. He has invited all the board members including Douglas to the party.

I was wearing a red dress with a long slit on the side, I tied my hair into a ponytail before making my way down to the living room where music could be heard. Around the living room were the board members, I identified each and every one of them except for two, Bianca and Douglas. I wonder where they are.

I looked around to find Leo but I failed to do so when one by one, the guests started conveying their birthday wishes to me. Although I was much irritated of this, I managed to put on a smile on my face and just nod to them. I didn't even bother to hear their words, all I wanted to do right now was find Leo. Fortunately, luck was on my side today and I managed to find him sitting in the sofa holding a glass of liquor and speaking to Bianca, more like complaining to her. They seem like they were in a heated argument.

I excused myself from the guests and made my way to the sofa where Bianca and Leonardo sat. Bianca stopped arguing to Leo when she saw me approach them both but Leonardo couldn't see me approaching because his back was facing me.

I tapped lightly on his shoulder causing him to look up at me. He immediately got up and placed his hands around my waist.

"We should go meet the other guests over there."
He pulled me away from Bianca. It was as if he didn't want me to know what they were arguing about.

While we were walking and greeting the guests together, he leaned towards my ear whispering a couple of words.

"Douglas, guest bedroom. Go."
He finally let go of my waist and I nodded lightly. So that was where Douglas was all the time.

I slowly made my way to the guest bedroom that was at the other end of the mansion, far from the guests. I eventually stopped in front of a brown door. I took a deep breath and stretched my hands. Time to show my acting skills.

I faked a sob while banging against the door.

"Who's there?"
Douglas's voice was heard from inside of the room.

"It's me, A-Audelia."
Almost instantly after I said that, the door opened revealing Douglas. I looked at the room to see bottles of alcohol all over the room as I silently sobbed. Good thing he's already been drugged.

"What happened?"
He asked while eyeing me up and down. Although I was facing the ground, I could feel his eyes stop at my cleavage. Uncomfortable, I decided to take a step closer to him as I hugged him. I could tell that he was taken aback by what I did but he eventually got a little too comfortable. He put his hands around my bare back as they slowly trailed down from my waist to my hips. I slowly pulled out from the hug and he stared at me in bedazzlement.

"My husband cheated on me! He cheated on me with Bianca. What did I e-ever do wrong? Am I not e-enough for him? I always knew it. How could a rich and handsome man like him love a poor girl like me."
My fake tears pooled down my face like a river. I looked up to see Douglas grinning for a bit. Once he noticed me looking at him, he immediately put his hands on my shoulders.

"Tell me what happened."
He wrapped his hands around my shoulders guiding me towards the bed as he made me sit at the edge of the bed with him next to me.

"I received photos of him kissing that girl last week!"

"Oh, poor you. Did you confront him about it?"
He was obviously also putting on an act to feel pity for me.

"I tried to, but I couldn't bring myself to. I feel so betrayed to even face him. Why did he marry me when he doesn't even like me?"

"That's a question for you to ask him."

"I know. I'll confront him about this tonight. But why..."
I cried even more and Douglas pulled me into a hug. We stayed there for a while when Douglas decided to take things a little too further. I guess he was drugged too much. He started licking my neck, gross! I tried to push him away but he only held me even tighter. His hands started travelling all around my body, touching me inappropriately. I was about to knock him out like we planned to but the door bursted open and a bullet pierced through Douglas's leg causing him to scream in pain. Blood splattered around my face as I looked at the door. There stood Leonardo with a silencer in his hand with unreadable expressions on his face but one thing's for sure, he was furious.

He walked towards me and harshly pulled me off Douglas who is now on the ground.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and spoke.

"I thought that I was the one that was supposed to knock him out? Why did you interfere?"

"Do you think that I'm blind? You didn't have this under your control, you were struggling with him. I expect a thank you from you."
He glared at me while clenching his fists.

"And how did you see that? I remember that the door was locked so how did you see that? Wait, it can't be. Were you spying on us?"

"A spy cam on the shelf over there. I watched your every movement and I came in at the right time."
He insisted. I was about to speak when Douglas groaned in pain.

"And you, Douglas. Did you really think that you could fuck my wife, ... in our very own house?"
Douglas shook his head as a no in answer.

"I-I made a mistake, Mr. Torres."
I crossed my arms and Leo bent down to the injured man pushing his gun towards Douglas's chin.

"And this mistake is going to cause you your life."

"N-no. You can't do this. If you kill me, the police will look for you! You will go to jail!"
He yelled with all his energy. I smirked and looked at Leo. He laughed.

"I guess it's fair for you to know who I really am since your death is already approaching you. Mr. Douglas, I am in the mafia. I'm the leader of the Black Spades. Does the name ring anything to you?"

"The B-Black Spades? The gang who's always on the news?"
He stuttered.

"Mhm. And you sent the photos to my wife when she was alone in the house. What a cowardly person you are. Tch. Tch."
Leo clicked his tongue shaking his head in disappointment. Douglas stared at him in fear and suddenly turned his gaze towards me. He used his energy to drag himself towards me and held my legs while begging.

"Mrs. Torres, please tell your husband to spare me! I will go away forever!"
He begged.

"Baby, he said he would go away forever. Should we just give him mercy? He has already apologised."
I pout at Leo earning a chuckle from him.

"If you compared my wife to me, I would be the kind one."

"W-what."
Douglas blinked a few times and I rolled my eyes. I gave a signal to Leo to end whatever this is faster and he nodded.

"Okay, time's running out. Goodbye, Douglas."
He put the gun on the man's forehead before pulling the trigger. The dead man's body was on the floor with a pool of blood around his head.

"You know you could've chosen all the other rooms in the mansion but yet you chose this one."

"What's the problem? The room is beautiful."
He raised his eyebrow.

"That's the problem. You didn't have to ruin this beautiful room."

"Relax. It will be cleaned and will return to the way it was before. No deal."
He smiled at me and I scoffed.

"Whatever. I'm hungry."

"Happy 21st birthday, kitten."
He wrapped his hands around me as we walked out. Some of Leo's men entered the room and started to clean it.

We made our way back to the guests again to avoid them worrying about our whereabouts.