The Hunt

Alex's pov:

I came back to the house after settling some business with the other mafias.

I don't know why but the first thing I hoped to see was Audelia's face and her smile.

I entered the house but it was as silent as the night. Not a single sound could be heard, she would normally be watching TV in the living room if she's bored. I shook off my thoughts thinking that she was taking a shower.

I walked to her room and opened it. But to my surprise, there was no one there. She was not in the shower.

I couldn't help but to think the worst that could possibly happen, she was kidnapped but I doubt that. No one is able to find this house and I made sure of it.

Unless... she ran away once again. I clenched my teeth feeling the anger burn inside of me. Didn't she already learn her lesson the last time she escaped?

"Oh Delia... you will regret escaping me."

I took out my phone and dialled a number.

"Find her."
I said to the person before hanging up. I put on my black sweater and cap before heading into the forest to find her.

Audelia's pov:

It has been hours that I'm following this road and it's not leading me to any city or civilisation like I hoped for. Not a single car passed me for hours. And even if they did, they just drove by me as if I didn't exist.

It is now midnight. The dark sky was filled with an ocean of bright stars as I kept my faith and continued to walk.

It was only a matter of minutes before I saw bright lights... it's a town. I DID IT!

I fastened my pace to get there as I saw many people around there. I hurried towards an old man where I held his hand.

"Please help me... I've been kidnapped."
I cried out to him but he just stared at me in disgust and pushed me off him causing me to fall on the ground scraping my arms.

What's wrong with that man?

I pleaded out to many people but all they did was just ignore me.

Soon enough, black cars pulled over and a man got out from one of them. He was dressed in a black suit but I couldn't see his face due to the lighting. I quickly hid in a corner as I watched him looking around for what I suppose is me.

He pulled a passerby harshly as he took out the gun from his right pocket and pointed it towards her head. He said something which I couldn't hear to the woman as she started shivering.

The woman suddenly pointed to my direction making me shocked as the man let go of the woman and smirked at me.

I widened my eyes in fear and started running away from him.

I looked behind to find him still smirking not moving at all as I just kept on running.

I so happened to stumble upon a clothing shop to which I entered into. There was a man dressed neatly at the cashier and he gave me a worried look looking down to my wet and dirty clothes.

I grabbed a sweater and placed it on the counter.

"I don't have cash on me right now. Do you accept anything else? Like this?"
I pulled my mother's ring from my finger and placed it in front of the cashier as he just nodded.

"The ring is precious. So please do keep it safely. And... can you please give me some coins?"
I said to him as he blankly nodded and handed me the coins. I need them in case I find a phone booth to call my parents.

I walked out of the store wearing the hoodie and tied my hair into a high bun as a disguise.

I continued walking until I found a phone booth making me smile in relief. I rushed in and quickly inserted the coins, dialling my dad's number.

"Hello? Who is this?"
My dad said from the other line as I couldn't help tearing up.

"D-dad... it's me, Audelia. Listen here, dad. I've got no time left. I'm at street XX. Please come fast, dad."

"I'm coming, just stay there. I will reach in about 10 minu-"
His voice was cut by a group of men yelling.

"They're here."
I whispered, cutting the phone call without hesitation and ran up to a dumpster and hid behind it, covering my mouth from making a single noise.

"Where is she?!"

"Find her quick! Boss will get angry if we don't find her."

One of the men came up to the dumpster and looked around. I held my breath in fear that he might hear me.

He was about to go behind the dumpster when another man shouted.

"Thomas! She was at the clothing shop! Come on! She couldn't have ran so far."

Both of the men ran to the opposite direction until I couldn't see them anymore.

I took a deep breath and stood up, walking slowly towards the road to see where they have gone to.

Multiple men dressed in black were running all over searching for me. Just then, a black sports car stopped in front of me and someone pulled me in.

I tried to fight the masked person back when he shouted.

"JUST SIT STILL, DELIA!"

"Alex? Is that you?"

"Put on your seatbelt fast."
He ignored my question as I just obeyed him and put my seatbelt on.

The second I strapped my seatbelt, the car jerked forward and the next thing I know is that we're already driving towards the highway.

The masked man turned and looked back in the side mirror multiple times as he slammed the steering wheel in anger.

"FUCK! They're tailing us."
He pressed the accelerator and we're now driving 200 km/h.

I looked at him in confusion as I asked.

"Aren't they your men?"

"No, they are not."
He replied blankly.

"Then who are they?"

"I don't know. You should ask your father. He probably knows who these goons are and what they want with you."
He said as I looked down in silence.

He glanced towards me worried.

"Are you fine? Did they hurt you?"
He took glances of me and the road. I remained in silence as the words got stuck in my throat. All I could do was just silently cry.

He noticed it as he used his right hand to control the wheel and his left to caress ny face.

"Shhh... don't cry. You're safe now."