The Funeral

Audelia's pov:

I gasped as I opened my eyes wide. I looked around my surroundings to find that I was in my bedroom. How did I end up here? I tried to recall what happened when I started panting. I immediately got up from my bed, bursting out the door only to bump into a young man, Bruno.

"Bruno?"

"Miss, you're awake."
I looked down to the tray he was holding. An orange juice with a plate of bread and jam.

"Where's Alex, Bruno? Where is he?"
I waited patiently for his answer but all he did was just gulp and look down at his feet.

"Where. Is. He. I'm ordering you to tell me right now."
I hissed at him. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"I don't know. You can ask Jackson, he's downstairs."
I hurried down the stairs almost tripping on the steps. I looked around for him and finally managed to find him talking to my mom in the living room.

"Mom? Could I borrow Jackson for a minute?"

"Wh-"
Mom was cut by Jackson who put his hand on her shoulder as a sign to not worry. He looked at me before I signalled him to go to the kitchen.

We walked into the kitchen as Jackson raised his eyebrow at me, waiting for my question.

"Where is Alex."

"Ms. Rossini, as you know... Alex is an enemy of ours."
Jackson got to the top of my nerves when he said that. I clenched my fist, trying to hold in my anger.

"Was an enemy but I don't give a shit. Answer my question, where is he?"
I hissed.

"Ms. Rossini, he was declared dead yesterday when we found you with him."
I bit my lips panting, I took a big gulp as sweat formed on my forehead. I felt lightheaded when I almost stumbled back. Jackson looked at me worriedly.

"Are you okay, Ms. Rossini?"

"Where is his body."
I gained all of my energy to say, fighting the urge to cry inside of me. I can't cry, not in front of them. I can't appear weak to them.

"At the church. He should've been buried by now so ...at the graveyard."
I glared at him. All I felt inside was anger and sadness but I couldn't blame him. It was my fault, my carelessness.

"Don't follow me or attempt to, that's my order."
I ordered Jackson and I walked away with a heavy heart.

I got into my car, driving to the graveyard. While I was driving, I couldn't help but burst into tears. I lost the person I cared the most about so carelessly, and the things I said to him before... you're so stupid, Audelia. So stupid. I slammed my hands into the steering wheel letting out a wail.

"Why him?!"

Leonardo, you bastard. I bit my lips too hard that it started to bleed and I licked it, tasting the metallic liquid. I finally reached the graveyard as I made my way in. Wiping my tears away, I walked in to find it empty. I looked around to find someone who could help me and I found an old man sitting across the graveyard with a newspaper covering his face from my view. I immediately made my way to him. He put the newspaper down and looked up when he noticed my presence.

"Uncle... was there a person named Alex Diallo that was here."

"Is the person dead or alive?"

"..d-dead."

"Yeah, that one over there."
The old man pointed towards a grave at the left end of the graveyard. I thanked the man and ran towards the grave. I panted, trying to catch my breath as I stopped in front of the grave... but it empty...