Away From This

Leo Torres's pov:

I was in my office facing the window with a glass of alcohol in my hand as I took a sip on it, enjoying the view from the window.

Knock knock

"Come in."
I turned and put my glass on the table as my eyes shifted towards the person who had just entered my office, Diego.

"Sir, we found her."

"Where is she."
I spoke with a blank face.

"In Italy, the Rossini Residence."
He handed me a paper of the pictures of her entering what I supposed is the Rossini Residence, her house. My lips formed a grin as I spoke.

"Book us two tickets to Italy. It would be rude of us not to pay her a visit."
I grabbed my glass of the liquid from the table and drank the alcohol in one gulp. Get ready, kitten.

Audelia's pov:

Yawn

I stretched my arms and legs as I got out from the bed. I'd hate to admit but yesterday was kind of fun. I smiled to myself remembering that day. Time for breakfast now. I skipped my way down the stairs, nearly slipping a couple of times as I saw the whole family sitting there. Andre, Luca, mom and dad. They were waiting for me. I laughed nervously as I rubbed my hands together, nervous.

"Took you long enough. Now come sit down. We're hungry."
Luca said as I nodded and quickly took me seat next to Andre.

"This is delicious, mom."
I took a bite of mom's spaghetti.

"I know right. You have a chef for a mom."
Mom said proudly with her chin up as we all bursted out in laughter.

"And I have a beautiful and caring woman as my wife."
Dad put his hand around mom's shoulder but mom pushed it off.

"You and your sweet talk won't work on me, Kaleb."
She said with no emotions as dad looked down in embarrassment. We all laughed at his reaction as we continued to finish our breakfast.

After breakfast, I headed back to my room to study because I had nothing else to do.

I walked to my study desk and I sat on the chair, taking out my books and laptop. I flipped the pages to where I stopped studying the last time. But I was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in!"
I was too focused on my studies that I didn't see who entered the room. I can feel that they stood there for a while in silence before clearing their throat, catching my attention.

I shift my gaze from the laptop to the person standing.

"Dad? Why are you here?"

"I need to talk to you, Audelia."

"Yeah sure. Go on."
I shifted my attention again to the laptop typing something on it.

"Audelia! Show some respect to me!"
Dad yelled, snapping at me and I flinched. He sigh as I closed the laptop, looking at him.

"What happened to you, dad? You've never yelled at me before."
I asked quite confused. Dad hasn't yelled at me my whole life. If I did something wrong, he would only lecture me and I would obey him. But this is the first time he's yelling at me and it's definitely about something serious.

"Is it true? That you don't want to be the leader of this gang? Is it true, Audelia."
He demanded as I sensed a tone of anger in his voice.

"Who told you that?"
I asked in a low tone of voice.

"It doesn't matter about who told me. Do you really not want to take over m-my position?"
I heard dad's voice crack a bit at the end as I bit my lips in anger. Andre. Why did he tell dad? He clearly knew what would happen and he still did it.