Epilogue

5 years later

Audelia's pov:

I was taking the laundry out when my 4 year old daughter tugged at my dress. I looked at her to find her in tears.

"Mommy. Daddy doesn't want to make breakfast for me. He says you'll do it."
My eyes grew big. How could he say that?

"Wait here, darling. Mommy will have a little chat with Daddy, okay?"
I faked a smile for my daughter as I stormed out of the room.

I stomped my way down the stairs looking for my husband when I spotted him lazing around on the sofa as he read some documents. I glared at him as I walked towards him.

I stopped right in front of him and crossed my hands.

Sensing my presence, he places his papers down on the table and massaged his temple. He already knew that I was pissed and that he was going to get yelled at.

"She told you, didn't she? I swear that kid behaves just like you."
I rolled my eyes at him.

"It's a good thing that she behaves like me and not like you."
I hissed at him as he groaned.

"Not again, Audelia. Save it for tomorrow. I've got to leave for work now otherwise I'll be late."
He acted like he was in a hurry and stood up from the sofa, towering over me.

Getting irritated, I tried to push him back down to the sofa with all my strength but I failed. It was awkward, none of us spoke until Leonardo burst into laughter.

"Did you really think? That you could push me? Babe, I'm sorry. You used to be strong back when we first met but now... you're not."
He giggled as I gritted my teeth.

"With this much of strength, you couldn't even make breakfast for our daughter?"
I scoffed in disbelief.

"Babe, I'm sorry but I have work today."

"I'm working too. I'm feeding, teaching and taking care of our kid. I'm a mother, teacher, nurse, I'm everything for our kid and yet you still can't help me with one simple t-ask?"
My voice cracked due to how loud I was yelling at him.

"I-"
I cut him off and slammed the clothes that I had took out from laundry down to the ground.

"You know what, Leo? I'm leaving. To my mother's house."
I spun around and was about to leave when I felt a hand grasp mine.

"Sorry. I'll help you today, Audelia. Just...stay. We can hire a maid for our kids and-"

"And do what, Leo? Let the maid do the tasks parents are supposed to do?! You're unbelievable, Leo. The children are going to grow up in a blink of an eye and you still prioritise your work over them? I still remember the day Elena was born and ever since then, I was working non-stop. I'm tired, Leo."
I weakly said as a tear rolled down my cheek

"Audelia, come here. Don't stress yourself out. I promise to make burdens less okay? Shh, don't cry."
He hugged me as I placed my forehead on his chest. He patted my back to calm me down and he was successful. I pulled out from the hug as he placed a small kiss on my forehead. He got down on his knees as he placed another kiss on my baby belly making me smile at him.

"Hey kiddo, it's me your daddy. I just wanted to tell you to not stress mommy out. See she almost left me because of you."

I chuckled at his words as he smiled seeing that I laughed. But my smile suddenly turned into a shocked expression when I felt a small kick from the inside of my belly.

Leo jolted back up and looked at me wide eyed.

"Are you okay?"
He held my arms.

"He kicked... your son kicked!"
He froze and just stood there.