Brother

Leo's pov:

The car finally came to a halt in front of an abandoned building. This was where Alex was found dead, the person who took Audelia and Marco is definitely responsible for the deaths of Audelia's father and Alex. As I stepped out of the car with Bruno, I patted my back pocket just to make sure my gun was there. I took a deep breath and a big gulp. I was preparing for the worst, for me to find the dead bodies Audelia and my brother...

I brushed my fingers through my hair anxiously.

"Stay right here. Only come in when you hear gunshots... understood? I've called Diego to come here with my men but they'll be late. I'm going in now, I have got no time to waste."
I raised my eyebrow for Bruno's reply.

"Understood."
He nodded his head.

"Good."
Pulling out my gun, I quickly made my way into the dark building. I looked around as I pointed my gun to the sides. I couldn't find anyone yet, the place was as silent as the grave. I could hear the sound of the wind blowing through the broken windows.

I walked forward carefully. I paid attention to every sound I could hear, the sound of water droplets dripping on the floor, the sound of the windows closing and opening due to the strong wind.

Out of a sudden, I heard a loud noise echo throughout the building. It was the sound of something dropping, it could also be due to the wind but my instincts told me to check it out. I made my way slowly and quietly towards the sound of the noise.

I could see a blurry shadow of someone sitting down on a chair. I pointed my gun to the person and made my way towards him.

To my surprise, I found a woman who looked just like Audelia. I couldn't clearly see her face as her hair was covering her face when was facing down. Her white shirt was stained with dried blood. But I could see that her mouth was gagged with a white cloth. Her hands were bound to her back and she was motionless, I doubt that she was even breathing. She looked lifeless. It killed me, I felt my heart clenching at the sight of her fragile body. My eyes started to tear a little and I dropped to my knees. I was about to lose myself when I heard a little cough from her.

Teary eyed, I looked up to see her slowly opening her eyes, looking at me. I knew that she couldn't recognise me as she seemed emotionless.

"Audelia... it's me, Leo."
My face was showing a lot of emotions. Sadness, happiness and relief. I got up from my knees

"Mhmm"
She mumbled something that I couldn't understand. She looked up to me in shock. I just knew that she had been crying for so long. Her eyes were puffy and red.

Her eyes that were directly looking at mine suddenly looked behind me. Her eyes grew wide making me confused. She started wiggling in her chair, trying to break out from the chair.

"Audelia! Calm down!"
She looked at me with her wide eyes. She looked petrified. I tried to free her hands from being tied.

"Mmhm!"
She mumbled once again. But this time, she was louder.

"I'll get you out... don't wor-"
My words were cut when I felt a sharp sting around the side of my stomach. I looked down and saw a knife in it.

"Mhmm!!"
A tear rolled from her eyes as I smiled bitterly at her, biting my lips in the pain.

Turning back, I immediately held the neck of the person. But once I looked at the person, my eyes went wide. I instantly let go of his neck like it was an instinct.

"Marco?"
I slightly tilted my head to the side to see if it was him... and it really was him. I was in disbelief, I tried to convince myself that it wasn't him but someone else who looked just like him... but my eyes weren't telling lies... it was him.