Happily Ever After

Audelia's pov:

I arrived at his door before entering the room. Diego was talking to a fuming Leonardo as he handed him a few pages of paper. However, their discussion was disrupted when they noticed me standing at the doorway quietly listening to them. I looked at Leo and he stared back at me with his lips pressed against each other. For a few seconds, we didn't break eye contact. He lowered his eyebrows at me and spoke with a low voice.

"Did you just eavesdrop on our conversation?"
He grumbled catching me by surprise as I immediately denied his claims.

"N-no. I was just here to give you this."
I gulped as his eyed me up and down. He raised his eyebrow which prompted me to walk slowly towards him as I gave him the blue pill.

"This is the other pill. You need to take it whether you like it or not. Doctor's orders."
I placed the pill on his bedside as he stared confusedly at me. His gaze shifted from me to the papers in my hand. He seemed anxious as he rubbed his hands together.

"Leave. I'll talk to you about this later."
I instantly let out a sigh as I turned to walk out of the room.

"Not you, kitten. I was talking to Diego."
I froze in my tracks before slowly turning around to face him. I stood there silently as I watched Diego walk out from the room.

For a few seconds, the room was in silence. Neither one of us spoke and moved. We were like statues in the museums.

Before I could say something, he immediately stood up and walked towards me causing me to walk backwards. He stopped when my back hit the wall. He reach down to my hand and held it.

My heart was thumping against my chest so fast and loud that I was convinced he could hear it. But before I could process anything, he snatched the bundle of papers that I had in my hands causing some of the papers to scatter on the floor. My eyes grew big as I looked back at him. This time, my face was flushed with anger. I had enough, I've lost my patience with him.

I glared at him and he glared back before he held a piece of paper in front of me.

My eyes grew wide as I saw what was written at the top of the paper he held.

Divorce

What is this supposed to mean? I was dumbfounded and was at lost for words. Isn't this one of the papers that I've been carrying all this while? The papers that Andre had gave me...

I was baffled. What should I do? I looked back at him and stared into his eyes. They were full of disappointment and pain. He was crushed by this paper and so was I.

"Leo, this isn't wh-"
I flinched when he raised his hand. But he stopped and his eyes softened seeing me.

"I'm not going to hurt you... But isn't this what you want? A divorce? Don't worry, I will sign it and you'll finally be rid of me."
He put his hand down before letting a deep sigh out. I was speechless and before I could react, he grabbed a pen from his pocket as he signed the document.

Before he could hand it to me, he voiced out.

"There is just one thing I need to know from you. What did I not do for you that you wanted a divorce so bad? Was I not good enough to you?"
He approached me as he slammed me into the wall using his right hand to protect my back from hitting the wall.

"What did I not give you?!"
He yelled holding my shoulders, shaking them vigorously. I could see tears starting to form in his eyes but he controlled himself from breaking down. He clenched his fists and shut his eyes tightly.

"I-i can't bear to lose another person that I-i love."
He whispered before finally breaking down in my arms as he embraced me. I could feel my shoulders getting wet as he sobbed. I patted his back trying to console him. And for a few minutes, we stayed the same way. He was still in my arms and I was in his. I could feel him slowly calming himself down.

"I don't want a divorce, Leonardo. It came with the papers sent by my brother this morning. I didn't even know the contents of the papers."
I tried to explain to him in hope that he would believe me.

"Really?"
He sounded like a little kid who was excited to go to a theme park. He looked up to me and raised his eyebrows for an answer.

"Mhmm."
I nodded. That's when he suddenly jumped out of my grip and giggled.

"Really?!"
He asked once again and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you want me to leave?"
I raised my eyebrow at him and he immediately shook his head vigorously.

"No. Never."
He stated.

"Then stop asking stupid questions. I'm sure you're only a big fierce guy from the outside but from the inside, you're still a kid."
I rolled my eyes and he smirked.

"You do know I can be anything for you, right?"
He winked at me catching me by surprise.

"Did you just-"

"Wink? Yeah I did. Now come here, kitten."
He started to come closer and my mouth dropped open. I suddenly pushed him back causing him to stumble back to the bed as I grinned. He chuckled as he brushed his hair back.

"Come here."

"No."
He jumped up from the bed and grabbed me into his arms. He instantly tickled me, earning a loud laugh from me.

"S-stop...I c-cant."
I laughed and laughed until I couldn't anymore. Instead, I started crying causing Leo to immediately stop and look at me in worry.

"I can't... your... face."
I cried as he looked at me baffled.

"Are you laughing... or crying?"
He looked at me for a response to which I continued laughing at.

"Oh, so you're laughing huh?"

"You should see your... face..."
I giggled.

"Then let's see how you laugh at this now."
I stopped laughing before looking at him with confusion. What did he mean? Wha-

All of a sudden, I felt my body jerk towards him and the next thing I knew was his lips were on mine. My eyes went big and I froze. He wrapped his arms around me to deepen the kiss.

After a few seconds, he pulled away and looked at me for a reaction. But I was too shocked.

"You look pale... you alright?"
He held my shoulders and bent a little to my eye level to make sure that I was fine.

Just at that moment, I slowly placed my lips on his, wrapping my arms around his neck as I gave in to the moment.

It was at this time that I knew, I had found the one that would care for me and love me unconditionally.

We both pulled away as we tried to gasp for breath. Panting, he grinned and pressed his forehead against mine.

"I love you."
I uttered.

"I love you more."
He asserted.

This is the end for this story. I gotta say thank you to those who supported me throughout this book. I'm really grateful for every one of you guys. Thank you.

 Thank you