Trap

Audelia's pov:

The touch of a hand grazed my shoulder when I fluttered my eyes open. My face turned into horror and shock when I recognised the person in front of me. Alex...

He was bruised up and bleeding from the stomach, just like how I found him that day. My breath hitched when I heard his voice.

"Delia... we could've been happy together."
His voice hoarse like he had been crying for days. My fear disappeared when I saw his eyes, swollen and red.

"Alex, I'm sorry...I was not able to protect you."
I leant forward to him and cupped his cheeks making him smile bitterly. But he pulled my hands down and his smile disappeared into a frown.

"I told you not to do it but you still did it, and that's why I was killed. But you still have time, run while you still can!"
I started panting when I heard a soft voice getting louder by the second.

"Audelia..."

"Audelia."

"Audelia! Wake up!"
I jumped out of the bed, landing on the floor. I hugged my legs and dug my head in my arms, sobbing.

I sensed a person standing in front of me and I muttered.

"I'm sorry, Alex..."

"Alex? I'm Leo."
A low voice spoke prompting me to look up. It is Leonardo. That was a nightmare... the same nightmare I would have every night.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah."
I got up from the floor, dusting my clothes before walking to the bathroom leaving Leo dumbfounded.

I locked the bathroom door and got into the shower to remove my thoughts off Alex. 20 minutes passed and I got out of the shower with a towel around my body only to find the Leonardo wasn't there. He probably went to his work.

"I'm still here if you're wondering."
A voice spoke from the other end of the room, sitting like a statue, Leonardo typed into his laptop while shifting his glances between me and the laptop.

"How is it that every single time... I fail to see you in the room."

"Either I have good stealth skills or there's something wrong with your eyes."
He closed his laptop, putting his full attention on me.

"My eyes are perfectly fine."
I crossed my hands and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Then I have good stealth skills. Anyways, go dress up. We're leaving in 10 minutes to my office."
He stood up from his seat and walked towards the door, leaving the room. He's always rude. Well, what do I expect.

I sigh. I better hurry now before it's late. I rushed to the wardrobe and picked an outfit for the office. I quickly got dressed into it and rushed out of the room to the living room where Leonardo was standing.

Once he saw me, he walked towards the car without even bothering to at least wait for me. I sigh walking out the door and got into the car with him.

The ride was silent. The both of us just looked out of the window at the view until I finally decided to break the silence. The silence was driving me crazy.

"So what are we going to do in that office?"
He shifted his attention, giving me an unbothered expression.

"I don't know. You tell me."

"Knew you would say that. We'll start from the letter my dad wrote for me."

"He couldn't tell you directly? Why did he have to write a letter?"