The Throning

Audelia's pov:

Waking up in my bed, I felt emotionless. Only a week ago, I was the happiest girl in the world, with a perfect family and a wonderful boyfriend. It is unbelievable to believe how everything was snatched from me at the tip of my fingers. A week was all it took for me to turn from a fun, out-going girl to a cold mafia leader. And today is the day... that I'll officially be the leader, the throning ceremony that happens whenever a new leader is selected, usually the firstborn of the family and I would be the first female leader last since my great-grandmother, Valentina Rossini. And I have no idea how the other mafia leaders would react, they haven't seen a woman who is a mafia leader. Well today will be their first seeing one and they will never forget me. A grin unknowingly slipped across my lips.

A knock was heard on my door. I guess that Bruno is already here.

"Come in."
I sat on my bed adjusting my hair as Bruno approached me.

"Did you bring what I told you to?"
I looked at him in the corner of my eyes as he nodded.

"Yes. I brought one of the late Mrs. Valentina's favourite suit. It was quite old and dusty so I had it cleaned and ironed for you, miss."
He placed the suit on my bed.

"Thank you, Bruno. Wait for me in the car, I'll be there in 10 minutes."
He bowed to me before exiting the room, leaving me alone.

I stood up as I walked towards the suit. How elegant it is. I admired it before undressing myself, putting the clothing on me gently, being careful not to damage the 60 year old outfit.

(I couldn't really find a suit that I thought would be nice in the 1960's but it does look similar like this and please note that the image doesn't belong to me

(I couldn't really find a suit that I thought would be nice in the 1960's but it does look similar like this and please note that the image doesn't belong to me. Credits goes to the owner.)

Beautiful... the suit had some alterations here and there to fit me perfectly. I combed my hair neatly as I applied slight makeup on myself. I took only 5 minutes today, I finished the look by applying the blood red lipstick. I looked at myself in the mirror when I realised something was missing. The necklace... I looked all around the room finding for it until I saw it on the nightstand. There it is. I picked it up and put it around my neck. Perfect. I grinned as I walked out of my room, going down the stairs slowly with my heels. Andre and mom who was sitting in the living room, looked at me up and down and blinked their eyes multiple times.

"Where are you going dressed like that?"

"Remember the boyfriend I have? I'm going to meet him now."
I lied. I couldn't let them know where I was really going. It could risk their safety.

Before they could say anything, I immediately walked out of the door as I let out a sigh of relief. In front of me was the black Bentley, and behind the wheel of the car was Bruno. He hadn't realised I was staring at him until he looked to his side as he immediately got out from the car. He widened his eyes looking at me up and down.