The Black Masquerade (Part 2)

I flinched as I felt the touch of a cold hand my bare shoulders. I immediately turned around to see a man in his 50's in a really drunk state. He was struggling to even stand up straight, he was swaying to the left and right trying to keep his balance. He looked at me and tried to say something. But all that came out was his rambling and slurring speech which I could not understand at all.

"Y....ou.....w...a..."
He was trying to touch me again but he was suddenly pulled back by a man with the masquerade mask shielding his identity as he spoke with a deep voice.

"Excuse me, sir. Why don't you go over that side, hmm?"
This voice... could it be? But how? How did he find me?

"Alex?"
He looked towards me as his dark grey eyes met my dark brown ones. It's him. He didn't say anything and he just pulled the drunk man away from us walked towards the crowded area.

I looked at Andre who was looking at me with the same expression.

"How did he know that we were here?"
Andre questioned wide eyed.

"I don't know. But what should we do now?"
Panic was clearly written on my face. Can this party get any worse than this?

Out of a sudden, Andre got up from his seat and walked towards a crowded area. Not knowing what else to do, I followed him behind into the crowd but I was pushed by the crowd and I eventually lost Andre. Fuck.

I squeezed myself towards the crowd trying to find Andre but I failed miserably. And as a result, I ended up getting pushed by the crowd to a mini bar.

I gave up searching for Andre as I became frustrated. How can that idiot brother of mine leave me alone when I clearly told him not to.

My fists turned into a ball as I turned back to face the bar.

"Give me a shot of vodka."
I fumed at the bartender even though she did nothing wrong as a man sitting beside me stared but I didn't notice since I was too busy being frustrated. The sound of the disco music and the lights and the people, they were all driving me crazy.

"I'm sorry... I just had a bad time just now."
I sighed as I sat down and held my head.

"It's fine. One shot of vodka coming right up."
The bartender smiled as she put down a glass filled with liquor.

I thanked her and drank it all in one gulp squeezing my eyes shut as I felt the liquid burn my throat.

The man who was sitting beside me was still staring and I noticed it. I turned around and faced him.

The man was probably in his late 20's. He was wearing a mask so I could not clearly see his face. His black eyes were so dark they pierced right into mine. His hair, a wavy black, it was in some way messy yet neat and he had a stubble beard which was well trimmed showing off his sharp jawline which all perfectly suited his bronzed caramel skin tone. He was wearing a suit without the blazer, his white shirt was wet probably with sweat as I saw through his back muscles outlining his shirt. I'm convinced that this guy is a living Greek god on Earth. We both stared at each other in silence until he decided to break it.

"You're new here?"
He spoke with a deep and husky voice with a slight hint of an accent making me feel a tickle in my stomach as he used his really big hand to grab the glass of alcohol and sipped on it.

"And how would you know that, mister?"
I said in a drunk tone as I side smirked lifting up the left side of my lips and he chuckled.

"I haven't seen you here before."

"How can you know if you have seen me before or not. I'm wearing a masquerade mask that barely shows my face."
I drank another shot of vodka moving closer to him as I narrowed my eyes at him making him smile.

"I recommend that you should stop drinking. It's really dangerous here especially when you are a pretty drunk woman."
I put my hands on my face as I tilted to the side, cupping my cheeks as I looked up to him.

"Are you complementing me, mister?"
I said in a sarcastic tone as he scoffed poking his inner cheek with his tongue.

"I'm asking you to be careful out here, kitten."
He spoke as I giggled like a small kid.

"Well *hiccup*, I have you mister. You *hiccup* are not like *hiccup* them."
As soon as I said that, the man flashed a wicked smile sending shivers down my spine.

"I know I am not like them, I'm worse than them."
He said smiling like a crazy person.

"Well, I'm not *hiccup* scared of you."
I said in a drunk tone.

"Whatever, kitten. Anyways, who did you come with?"

"My brother. I have *hiccup* no idea where he *hiccup* disappeared to."

"I see... What's your name kitten?"
He locked his eyes on mine as I was about to speak but I was interrupted by a man running towards us. He was panting as he tried to catch for his breath.

"Bo-"

He stopped when the man in front of me shot him a death glare. The exhausted man looked at me as he realized, he leaned towards the man and whispered something as the man sitting in front of me clenched his jaw muscles. It's obvious that something pissed him off, changing his whole mood. He tried to hide it but it was too obvious.

He looked back at me as he spoke.

"Get out of here now."

"But why?"
I asked confused but he snapped at me.

"Just. Get. The. Hell. Out."
He said those words through his gritted teeth frightening the hell out of me as I got up from my seat and immediately walked towards the exit. I don't know why but his tone of voice made me obey him. While I was walking, I called Andre through my phone and he answered almost immediately.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!"
I hissed at my phone.

"I'm at th-"
Andre's voice gets cut off by a loud bang which made my ears ring as I looked to my right side and found the gory scene of a lifeless body with a gunshot wound on his head. A pool of blood flowing from his head. Seeing the scene, I dropped my phone to the ground and froze not knowing what to do. I could not hear a single thing except for the ringing in my head. People around me were dropping to the ground lifelessly as there were flashes of light. In front of me, was a man dressed in black with a black mask pointing his gun right at me. Oh God, this is it. This is my time. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes tightly waiting for the bullet to pierce through me.