Fiancé & Fiancée

Three days later

Leo's pov:

Today is the day I'm getting engaged to Bianca. Only God knows how much I resented the fact that I'm going to marry her. I got dressed into my suit. She was waiting downstairs with her family right now. Taking a deep breath and calming myself down, I fixed my tie.

I'm just crossing my fingers hoping that nothing goes wrong today. But boy was I wrong.

I made my way to the dining table as I identified the people sitting at the table one by one until it reached unfamiliar faces.

Mrs. Ricci, Marco, father sat on one side. But the other side were people that I didn't recognise.

Who is that? And that? A girl's back was facing me but I know for sure that it wasn't Bianca because for all I know, Bianca has blonde hair and not black hair. I cleared my throat causing everybody to stop what they were doing and shift their attention towards me including the black haired girl who had her back facing me. She turned around as she looked at me. I froze. What is she doing here? Eating dinner with my family?

I was about to say something but my father beat me to it.

"Leonardo, you're here. Meet Audelia Valentina Rossini, your fiancée. Audelia meet Leonardo Torres, my son and your fiancé."
Father smiled at me and signalled me to sit and I just obeyed him not understanding what he had said just now.

All this time, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was acting as if she hadn't seen me before. She was definitely up to something.

"I thought that I was marrying Bianca... not... her."
I paused looking at her once again before continuing my sentence calmly trying to hide my fury.

"I forgot to tell you but it's fine. You're still going to marry her by hook or crook."
Father chuckled. He looks happier than usual, normal of him to act like a sweet man in front of guests. I kept my gaze on Audelia watching her every move from the time the cup of coffee touched her lips until she smiled sweetly at Mrs. Ricci.

"Father, do you know who she is?"
I whispered to him and he looked at me unamused.

"Didn't I tell you that her name is Audelia?"
He replied.

"Yes, but do you know she's a Rossini."

"I clearly remember saying her full name Audelia Valentina Rossini. I know she's a Rossini. You're lucky to be marrying her."

"What do you mean.......lucky?"
I paused and thought for a moment.

"She's the leader of the Rossini Mafia and by marrying her, the Black Spades will at the top alongside the Rossini Mafia."
Father proudly told trying to contain his happiness.

"Are you for serious, father? She tried killing me at my office only two days back!"
I raised my voice slightly catching the attention of everyone at the table.

"For your information, I didn't. I was busy doing better things rather than planning to kill you."
Audelia spoke up from her silence. She looked up to me with a blank stare unbothered by this marriage thing.

"As if I would believe you."
We both glared at each other in silence when a woman spoke up. I suppose that's Audelia's mom.

"Kids, you both shouldn't be fighting. You're going to get married and it's best if you try to be friends with each other at first."

"Friends? Am I hearing it correctly, friends?"
I repeated.

"Look here, Leo. I know you're mad at your father for not telling you about this engagement but he's doing it for the best of you two. Both the families are gaining advantages and not disadvantages. So why don't we try to make peace with each other?"
Mrs. Ricci tried to reason with me.