Mr. And Mrs.

Audelia's pov:

Who would've thought that I would be getting married today? At the age of only 21. And the man I'm marrying is the very the same person who is responsible for both my dad and lover's death. Why would I marry him you ask? Well marrying him will secure my family's safety from other mafia gangs and also secure my safety. After this marriage, I would be a Rossini and a Torres, nobody would dare to lay a finger on me no matter what I do, no matter what kind of crime I commit. But you would ask, what if my soon to be husband suddenly turns on me and kills me right after this marriage? Well, he practically can't. Even if he wanted to kill me, he can't. He is held back by the contract we signed yesterday, breaking the rules of the contract will result in bloodshed between both the gangs and the both of us definitely do not want that.

This marriage is the perfect way to secure my position as the leader and also the perfect way to execute my plan. I got up from my bed, walking towards the dressing table where a necklace was there. Alex... I will get my revenge for you and dad. I love you, always. I placed a small kiss on the necklace and put it around my neck.

I looked to my bed as I saw my wedding dress for today. I had always dreamt of getting married to the man I love but of course things didn't exactly go the way as planned and today... I'm going to marry a man that I despise with my whole heart. I'm just controlling myself not to take my gun out and shoot him right in the head when I see him.

I slipped into the wedding dress quickly and applied makeup. Even on this dreaded day, I still need to look beautiful, I'm getting married today. If only my dad was here... my lips curled into a smile remembering dad. I bet he would shed a tear or two if he sees me, his daughter being handed over to another man. Oh how I would wish for him to be here, I would trade my place with him anytime and be the dead one instead.

My thoughts got interrupted by a light knock on the door. A soft voice spoke, belonging to my mom.

"Audelia? It's time..."

"Coming, mom."
I opened the door as I met with the teary eyes of my mom's. She pulled me into her embrace shedding tears on my shoulder. I smiled bitterly at the sight of her little figure in my arms. Time was going way too fast and in a blink, I'm getting married.

"Mom... it's alright. I'm only getting married, it's not like I'm leaving you all alone forever."
I tried to console her but miserably failed. She started sobbing even more and I just patted her back to comfort her. After a few minutes, she managed to regain her composure and she wiped her tears from her cheeks. She spoke with a shaky voice.

"You look pretty, Audelia. So pretty."
She admired me in the wedding dress. It was a classic dress with lace. I know that most people wouldn't like lace but I find them really elegant and classic. My fingers brushed against the material forming a genuine smile on my face.

 My fingers brushed against the material forming a genuine smile on my face

"Let's go, honey."
She locked her arms in mine and pulled me down to the car.

"Hold up, mom. I need to wear this."
I picked up Alex's necklace to me and I wore it. I touched it and looked at myself in the mirror. It was perfect, a perfect match between the necklace and the dress. The opal pendant shone as it reflected the light. Mom looked at me in awe and I smiled at her cute reaction.