The Coffee Shop

Audelia's pov:

It has been two days since we arrived in Italy from America. We told everything to dad except for the fact that we met Alex at the party. Dad seems kind of happy that we managed to find the leader by ourselves, only if he knew what really happened. But something's off, now dad doesn't want us to get involved in the Black Spades. I guess he realised how dangerous it is for us.

But today is the day that Andre and I would meet Alex. He got back from America and arrived in Italy yesterday. Just as he arrived,  he texted me the location and time where we will meet.

"In the coffee shop at 11a.m., get ready Andre."
I looked at the text message speaking to Andre.

"We should go now."
I nodded my head at him as we drove to the coffee shop.

We parked our car in the parking lot as we got out and entered the shop, seeing a lot of customers. The shop was crowded but it was still quiet. The first thing that strikes the eye is the interior with it's dark colours and quiet tones. The curtains on the window was opened as the sunlight entered the shop.

To my right were little tables where customers sat and sipping on their tiny cup of coffee, getting ready for a long day. The air is filled with an incredible amount of coffee aromas mixed together. The coffee shop was truly calming. And at the end of the coffee shop, a man sat sipping on his coffee as his eyes met ours.

Alex...

We walked towards him and took a seat. Andre sat next to me as I faced him.

"Coffee?"
He softly asked.

"We'll get them later."
Andre replied as Alex chuckled.

"I see. Getting straight to the point, aren't we?"

"Yes we are. Now listen. Our father doesn't want us to get involved in this, but we want to. We want to find Leo Torres and we need your help."
I spoke in a serious tone.

"Glad to hear that I'm needed."
He smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"Cut the crap. Tell us now. Any information about Leo Torres? Anything? Photo, age, height?"

"I have only one. Leo Torres is attending another party but this time he's guest, it's his cousin's engagement party. I don't really know the venue and date but all that I have is that it's held in Italy. About the exact time and location, I'll have them soon enough. Just give me a few days and it'll be ready."
He sipped on his coffee as he looked around the coffee shop.

"Okay. That's good news."
I smiled in relief as Alex looked at us.

"You're sure you don't want any coffee? I know the shop owner so you can get free discounts for your drinks."

"Why don't you just pay for them?"
I leaned in closer smirking as his face expression turned into shock.

"Okay. I'll pay for them. Take anything you'd like."
He smiled at us as I got up from my seat.

"What do you want, Andre?"

"A hot coffee would do. Thanks."

"A hot coffee and a hot chocolate. That should be about 2 Euro. Money please?"

"Here."
He narrows his eyes at me and handed the money to me as I smiled innocently at him and walked away, hearing his chuckle behind me.

After collecting the drinks, I headed back to our seat as I carefully placed the hot cups on the table. I took a seat down and started to sip on my hot chocolate.

I parted my lips from the cup and licked the remaining hot chocolate that was on the ends of my lips. This is... good... really good. Both Andre and Alex noticed my actions and were confused by them.