The Loss of a Loved One

4 months later

Audelia's pov:

Life has been really good ever since Alex became my boyfriend. He treats me like an exact princess and always makes me happy. We've been going out everyday, well more like he takes me everywhere. I should be the one to take him out sometimes but he doesn't let me. But no matter what, today I'm going to take him out.

As usual for the last 4 months every day, I walk a bit far from my house where he usually picks me up, because I obviously didn't want my dad to know who I was dating. My family knows that I'm dating, but they have no idea who and if they do, they might freak out and even try to break us apart, especially my dad. I still remember when I was 8 and this boy wrote me a love letter and my dad somehow found out about it and got infuriated. The next day, he lectured the boy and I didn't go to that school anymore because he was afraid that the boy might do something to me just because he lectured him. My dad overthinks everything and is really protective of me and I'm proud to say that he's my father. I think it's also partially because I resemble my aunt, his late sister Katrina. She was younger than me when she was killed. If I think about this anymore, I might start to cry. So let's move on.

I put on a white shirt and a tight jeans. Looking over to the dressing table, I saw the necklace Alex had given to me. I've been wearing it everyday ever since Alex had given it to me. Gently lifting it, I carefully put it on my neck, admiring myself in the mirror with it. Grabbing my phone from the bed, I hurried out my room as I made my way downstairs. I saw dad sitting with a newspaper in his hands and I tried to sneak past him but I got caught.

"Hey, Audelia. You're heading out again? With your boyfriend?"
Dad questioned shifting his attention from the newspaper to me.

"Yeah."
I replied nervously while fidgeting with my hands.

"When are you going to introduce this guy to us, darling? It's been....... 4 months if I'm not mistaken."
Dad placed his hand under his chin, thinking.

"Umm, yeah 4 months. I'll introduce you guys to him when the time is right."
I nervously spoke.

"Why?...Wait, don't tell me. Is this guy perhaps...afraid of me?"
Dad widened his eyes.

"Hahaha... if only you know who it is."
I mumbled in my breath, loud enough only for me to hear.

"What? Is he?"

"No, he's not dad. We're just not ready yet. Anyways I need to go now. We'll talk about this later when I'm back! Bye dad!"
I waved my hands at him going out the door.

"Wait! I something for you! Nevermind, I'll give it to you later! Bye! Stay safe!"
Dad yelled from inside the house as I chuckled. Walking towards the place, I saw him with his usual outfit leaning against his car waving at me. His denim jacket over his white shirt and a black pants, it suits him really well.

"Hey!"
He walked towards me hugging my small body.

"Hello, Alex."
I responded back to his hug.

"Should we go now?"
He signalled towards the car.

"Hold up. Can I be the one driving today? Please?"
I showed my puppy eyes and he laughed.

"Nobody can say no to your puppy eyes."
He smiled at me and opened the driver's seat for me, nodding his head as a sign that he allows it.

"Thank you."
I got into the car and he closed my door gently as he ran around the car to get into the passenger's seat.

"Today is my turn to take you out. No buts, just sit tight and buckle your seatbelts up."
He was about to say something but I pressed the accelerator making the car jerk in front. He widened his eyes looking at me in panic. I smiled innocently at him before pressing the accelerator, driving the car to the destination. Alex seemed a little too nervous that I'm driving.