The Black Spades

Audelia's pov:

"How about Alex? Is he somehow involved with this gang?"
Mom asked.

"No, the Thomas guy didn't mention about him so he's not involved in it."

"So what should we do now?"
Andre asked dad.

"The Thomas guy didn't know who the leader was. They're smart. They hid the identity of their leader."

"Well, I guess that's up to us to find out."
I spoke up.

"We have to attack them first before they attack us."
Andre said as dad nodded.

"And in order to attack them, we would have to find out who is the leader first."
I voiced out.

"So that's why I'm sending the both of you on your first mission. The only information we have right now is that in another two weeks, a party will be held by the gang. And on that day, I need you both to find out who's the backbone of the gang, the leader."
Dad said in a serious tone before continuing again.

"I can't follow you both on this mission because it is too risky for me to leave this house. They might attack us anytime now."

"And what about Alex?"
Andre asked sipping on his glass of water.

"We will worry about him later. Right now, the Black Spades is our priority."
Dad took out a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"This is all the information about the party. The time, date and venue."

"The party's located in America?"
I questioned looking at the paper.

"Yes, I have already arranged the flights. You both will be flying tomorrow. I hate to say this but if you have managed to find the leader, you would have to do what it takes to gain more information including killing someone. Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it all. Any questions?"
Dad asked as Andre and me looked at each other before nodding our heads.

From the side of my eye, I saw mom with anger and sadness painted across her face.

Of course she would feel that way, she never wanted any of us to be involved in these stuff. But now, this gang is threatening our family and family always comes first.

"You should pack your things including the weapons. And by the way, it's a masquerade party. I have already bought both of your masquerade masks. Be sure to take care of it properly, they cost an average person's salary."

"Okay, dad. We will pack now."
Me and Andre headed to our own rooms leaving mom and dad alone at the dining table.

Time skip to the next day.

It is morning right now and it's the day when me and Andre will fly to America. I'm quite nervous since this is my first time flying on a plane to an unfamiliar country. I have only seen America through movies and TV shows...

Being from a mafia family, we never really could travel. Sometimes, I just want the normal life a normal girl would get, go to school and have a happy time with family, not needing to worry about constantly being in danger.

I sigh as I walked out my room with my luggage and headed towards the living room.

Andre was waiting for me at the door with mom, dad and Luca.

"Took you long enough."
Andre said frustrated.

"Just shut up."
I hissed.

"Enough, the both of you. I won't be able to see you for two weeks and you're already fighting. Now come on, give me some hugs."
Mom smiled and opened her arms. I smiled back at her and hugged her as Andre did the same.

"Take care, the both of you."
Luca said worried as I chuckled.

"Don't worry, we'll be back just in a blink."

"Don't get hurt and stay alert. Call me once a week, got it?"
Dad said with strictness in his voice.

"Okay, dad."
I smiled at him.

We got into a taxi and headed off to the airport where we boarded our flight.

Me and Andre sat in our seats in the plane, making ourselves comfortable.

"11 hours huh? This is going to be one hell of a boring flight."
Andre scoffed.

"If you get bored, just watch the TV. Dad booked business class for us just because of you."
I rolled my eyes.

The captain made his announcement as the flight took off, starting our 11 hour journey to America. Well, here we come America.

What felt like 30 minutes turned out to be 5 minutes. Time was moving too slow and that made me anxious. I closed my eyes trying to sleep for the whole flight if it's possible because I was terrified of the journey. I was really nauseous. I probably just discovered now that I have airsickness.

I turned to the side as I watched Andre bopping to his music with his headphones on. The music was so loud that I could hear it.

Guess he's enjoying this more than I am. I didn't notice I was staring at him until he snapped his fingers in front of me.

"You want to listen to music? I can borrow my headphones to you so you won't be bored."
He asked as I shook my head.

"It's fine, I'll just read my law book."

"You and your law book. What a typical Audelia."
He sighed annoyed making me smack his head.

"Ouch, what the hell was that for?"
He asked rubbing his head.

"Don't tease me like that again. At least I'm studying."
I scoffed.

"Whatever."
He rolled his eyes leaning to the window side, putting his headphones back on and blasting his music. I shook my head at him. I can't believe that this guy is 20. He behaves like a kid. I rolled my eyes at him as I started reading my book.

Time flew and we had already landed. I had finished reading my book just as we landed. Me and Andre took our luggage and headed outside the airport where we took a cab to one of our safe houses in America. We have them all around the world, just in case. We are always prepared for anything to happen.

After reaching the house, we unpacked our things and made ourselves comfortable.

I walked up to Andre who was sitting on the sofa.

"So what are we going to do now?"

"I have no idea. Probably just sit down and sleep?"

"For two weeks? You want us to sit and sleep for two weeks? Are you even listening to yourself right now?"
I raised my left eyebrow at him.

"Well, what do you wanna do? Throw a party?"

"I don't know. Why did dad even send us two weeks early."
I asked perplexed.

"Call him then. That's an easy way to solve your problem."
Andre sarcastically said.

"Fine."
I replied annoyed.

I walked towards the kitchen as I made the phone call.

"Dad, what are we supposed to do here? We're two weeks early."

"You can do anything you want. Shopping, going to the gym, anything but don't reveal your identity to anyone. Not a single person. You can't trust anybody there except for Andre, understand?"
Dad said.

"Okay dad. Tell mom we landed safely. She's probably worrying about us."

"Yeah I will."
Dad told as I cut the call.

"Dad said we could do anything but not reveal our identities. And he told to not trust anybody here, got it?"

"Hmm."
Andre nodded his head.

"Let's hope that nothing goes wrong during our two week stay here in America. I wouldn't know what to do if it does."
I ran my fingers through my hair anxiously while tapping my foot on the ground.