Cheater

It has been two days since Leonardo appointed me as a CEO alongside him. And ever since then, I didn't come back to the office even though I was the CEO. Leo was the exact opposite, he spent most of the time in the office and trust me when I say that the house was really peaceful without him. I doubt that he even came home, he probably spent the night in his office. However for me, being stuck in this house was really boring so all I did was laze around and sometimes help Doris with the housework. This house was too big to be cleaned by a couple of maids everyday and even me... and the fact that nobody uses almost 50% of the house, it's just there for decorations.

I was in the living room lazing around when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!"
I rushed out and immediately opened the door without bothering to check who it was.

"Oh.. Bruno. What are you doing here?"
I met with a anxious Bruno.

"I uh... Jackson told me to check on you. You know... he thinks marrying someone who has killed your father is terrifying and dangerous."

"I'm fine."
I told in an even voice.

"Alright. If you say so, give me a call if something happens."
He turned his body, about to walk away when I spoke, stopping him in his tracks.

"Wait, you know what? You should come in and keep me company, it's boring here."
Bruno looked at me surprised but just smiled and entered the house. I locked the door before leading Bruno to the sofa. Doris who was cleaning the table noticed Bruno and gave me a worried look on her face. I smiled at her in reassurance that Bruno wasn't dangerous. Doris nodded and walked upstairs while I faced Bruno.

"You want some drinks? I'll bring som-"

"Audelia... um, no. Mrs. Rossini, there's something I need to tell you."
He fidget with his fingers, he was nervous about something.

"What."
I faced him with my smile dropped to a glare.

"There's a chance that... Leonardo Torres didn't kill Alex or your father."
I tilted my head not being able to believe what he had just said.

"What? Are you sick? It's obvious that it's Leo. Did he bribe you or something to say this to me?"
I raised my voice a little with a little chuckle at the end.

"No, Mrs. Rossini. We didn't investigate both your father's and Alex's just because we thought that we found out the one responsible... but I didn't believe it."

"Why didn't you? There's evidence that it was him. The letter that my dad wrote to me and the name that was carved on Alex's hand, Torres."

"We have no concrete evidence. We didn't even find the gun that was used to kill Alex. Anybody could've done it, you, me, anyone..."

"So you're telling me that Leonardo Torres who has a good motive to kill my father... didn't actually kill him? Okay, let's say if I did believe you... who else do you think would've had the balls to do this?"
I mocked him. He looked down to his hands and let out a deep breath.

"I don't know and that is why I dug further. I found out that an assassination attempt was made on Leonardo a day after Alex's death. And according to my sources, Leonardo believes that you planned it all."
He looked at me seriously. This is probably the first time I've seen him act this serious.

"Your sources? Bruno, do you perhaps have a mole in Leonardo's office? Without my knowledge?"
I sigh in disappointment.

"I don't and even if I do, I wouldn't tell you."

"You make it sound like you do have a mole. Anyways, you should go now. It's getting late and Leonardo might come bac-"
I was cut by the ringing sound of the doorbell. I looked at Bruno to find him shocked.

I immediately made my way towards the door but this time I checked for who it was, but there was no one in sight. I opened the door carefully to see a small parcel at the doorstep, looking around I tried to find who sent it but failed. I just took the parcel in thinking that it might be just a parcel order to Leonardo. But... aren't parcel orders supposed to have some kind of sticker or at least a name from who it came from?

I tried to find something on the box but there was nothing, not a single card or information that might tell me whom this was from or whom this might be to. After all, it also might've been delivered to the wrong address.

I placed the box on the table earning a puzzled look from Bruno.

"You ordered that?"
He questioned.

"Nope. I didn't."
Maybe I should just keep it aside for Leo to come and see. Maybe it's his. However as usual, curiosity got the very best of me and I decided to open it.

Leo's pov:

I opened the front door yawning. I hadn't gotten enough sleep these past 2 days. I can't wait to get sleep.

I walked inside to house to find Audelia sitting with her legs crossed on the sofa with a small box in front of her. I rolled my eyes ignoring her presence as I walked towards the bedroom.

"Stop."
She voiced out stopping me in my tracks. I sigh. What does she want now?

"What?"

"Come here and take a look at these."
I hesitantly walked towards the table and she handed me a few photos. What now... I looked down to the photos and my eyes went wide.

"Tch. You know, Torres. I know that you don't like me but still... didn't you say that we have a reputation to hold up? What would people think if this pictures came out to the public."
She clicked her tongue in disappointment.

"I..."
I couldn't say anything. The picture was of me and Bianca.

"And isn't that woman the one in the office the other day. Bianca...is it?"

"Audelia. This is a misunderstanding, this happened before we got married. I'm not cheating on you."

"Ouch. Do I look like I care? I don't mind you cheating but could you keep it down. The public will find this out in no time if you keep doing it."
She raised her eyebrow, sarcastically speaking.

"Who sent you these?"
I examined the pictures.

"I don't know. I thought you might have an idea or two about who it could be."
She played with her fingers, not being serious with what's going on.

"I don't know, do you?"
I tilted my head for an answer from her.

"I don't know. But I do have a clue on who it could be. This person who sent this pictures to me knew that I would be in the house and you wouldn't. That's why they sent it today right before you return back. And I suspect that this person is someone from your office board. That's how they knew what time you would come back from the office."

"Are you telling me that it's Bianca?"

"I don't think so. Another thing that I figured out was that this person also thought that we were madly in love with each other. They also thought that sending me the pictures of my dear husband cheating on me would anger me and cause me to divorce you. And hence the position of the CEO might be passed to that person."

"And that's how you also know Bianca didn't do it. She knows that I'm not just a CEO and thus, threatening me with these pictures could risk her life."
I packed back and forth with the tension. It's not Bianca so who is it.

"Right. So... who was not satisfied with me being the CEO alongside you?"
She queried.

"The board members were all surprised but eventually agreed with it except for one person, Douglas."

"There you go... so what are you going to do with him now that you've figured out who it is?"
She sipped on her glass of water waiting for an answer from me.

"You'll see."
Grinning, I took my lighter out burning the pictures making sure it turned into ashes, just like how Douglas will soon be.