Chapter 29

A week later, Dinah was still in the hospital, but she was healing at a quick pace. It also just so happened to be Valentines day.

Chresant and Dinah were in her room talking, laughing, and watching tv when two people walked in all fancied up.

"Dinah!" The two people yelled in a happy unison.

"Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?" She said as she sat up.

"Well everyone at home is finally feeling better and we said we'd come by soon, so here we are," Gordon said.

"And we desperately wanted to see you, my big baby girl!" Milika said as she tackled Dinah with a hug.

Dinah winced slightly.

"Don't injure the girl again Milika!" Gordon said as he pried Milika off.

"Sorry, sorry. It's just emotional cuz you're awake and the last time we saw you, you were in a coma," Milika said as she started to tear up.

"Awww mom don't cry, please."

"Sorry, sorry. I'm just so happy you're alright," she said as she gave her daughter a gentler hug.

She hugged her back, and Gordon joined in to.

"Ofa Lahi Atu..."

Dinah smiled warmly, "Ofa Lahi Atu."

They hugged for awhile and separated. They wiped away tears. All the while Chres kind of just sat there and awkwardly watched.

"So what's with the get up?" Dinah asked as she tried to smile through the tears.

Milika and Gordon gave a slight chuckle.

"We wanted to take you and your little boyfriend out tonight, you know since it's Valentines day," Gordon said as he eyed Chresanto/Roc.

He gave an awkward wave.

"But I can't leave this room," Dinah pouted.

"Actually, you've seemed to be healing pretty well, and going out would be a perfect way to see just how well you've healed," Dr. Kelly said, who had apparently been in the room for a couple of minutes, but no one had noticed.

Everyone turned to face her.

"Really?" Dinah and Chresanto questioned.

"Really, but you will have to be brought back, just to make sure everything's ok," the doctor assured.

"Doc are you serious?! Like, I can actually leave?"

"Yes Dinah," Dr. Kelly said with a slight chuckle, "But don't confuse this with a discharge. I am not discharging you, yet."

"Ok!" Dinah cheered as she leaped out of the hospital bed, "Come on lets go!" She exclaimed as she started leaving the room.

"Hold up Dinah," Dr.Kelly said as she turned to face the young Polynesian.

Dinah spun around on her heels, slowly, "There's a catch isn't there?"

Dr.Kelly nodded her head.

"I knew it," Dinah pouted.

"It's nothing collosal, it's just that I want Nurse Jackson to be nearby in case anything happens," Dr.Kelly informed.

"That's it?"

"Yep," Dr.Kelly said as she nodded her head.

"Oh. Well that's no big deal! Nurse JK is cool, hence the nick name. He's so funny!" Dinah said in a corny manner.