Chapter 42

When Chresanto woke up it was morning, but there was no sign of Dinah. He grew worried, as he searched the hotel room from top to bottom. She was nowhere to be found. He grabbed his phone and texted Dinah's parents.

Chres: Is Dinah with you?
sent: 8:41am

Milika: No, isn't she with you?
sent: 8:45am

They called him soon after.

"Where is she Santo?!" Gordon yelled.

"I don't know, she took a shower, and I went to sleep. She must've left then."

"Well go find her! We'll start searching too. She can't get far without being noticed," her father noted.

"Ok," he said as he hung up

He gathered his things as he went down to the lobby, "Were you on duty last night?!?!"

"Yes," the bellboy answered.

"Did a Young Woman leave here?!"

"The only person who left here last night was Dinah Jane Hansen of Fifth Harmony. Look she gave me her autograph!" The bell boy said excitedly as he pulled out a paper.

"Yeah. yeah. That's nice. Did you see where she went?"

"She walked to the parking lot of Club Sub Zero and got into a car. Then she drove to the light and turned left. I don't know much more."

Chresanto immediately searched his belongings for the keys to his car, but they were gone. He checked the parking lot to see if his car was still there but it was gone.

"Shit. She took my car," he cursed to himself, "Aye, thanks for the info. I'm checking out. Here's the key and a tip," he said as he paid the bellboy.

He ran outside an called for a cab. He told the cab driver to drive around all around L.A, not to miss a single spot. They drove around for hours, racking up quite a large bill.

When they couldn't find her he told the driver to take him home. To his surprise, when they got there, his car was in it's spot. He sighed in relief knowing that Dinah was safe. He paid the driver and got out the car. He rushed upstairs and opened his unlocked door.

When the door opened, there she was, on his bed. She looked restless as she sat up with a fearful expression at who entered the apartment. When she saw it was Chresanto her facial expression became pissed.

"What's up?! Why'd you leave?! You didn't even tell me anything! I've been worried!" He said as he rushed over to her side and pulled her into a hug.

She pushed him off of her, and he gave her a confused look.

"Ever thought there was a reason I didn't want you to tell anybody?!"

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"You told my parents! After I specifically told you not to, after you promised."

"D, you can't keep something like this from your parents. I only told them because something serious could've happened last night. We need your parents help to keep this under control. You think just because I beat him up, and he's arrested that he won't stop from telling people that he got some from Dinah Jane. No, he's gonna go around telling people that, and it will hit the media. You're parents would've found out sooner or later; the difference is that if they found out later they wouldn't have known the truth. It would've been the Miami thing all over again. And we know how that ended up," he explained.

Dinah looked down at her hands; Chresanto sighed.

"I care so much for you baby, and I just want you to be happy. Your family is what makes you happy, and if you kept this from them, I can already see the scenarios playing out," he said again.

She looked at basically any place but him.

"D please don't be mad at me," he said as he lifted her chin so she was looking at him.

Tears formed in her eyes.

He hugged her again, she hugged him back. Wrapping her arms around his neck, and digging into the crook of his neck.

"I'm just scared Chres. Scared of all the media this is gonna get. The less people that know, the less likely it'll get out there," she mumbled.

"I know. But you got to know that I'm here for you, and so is your family," he said as he hugged her reassuringly.

"Thank you."

"No problem baby girl."

For the first time that night/day Dinah fell asleep. Chresanto didn't dare move to wake her, not that if he did move she'd wake, because she wouldn't. He took his phone from his pocket and quickly texted Gordon and Milika saying that Dinah was safe & sound AND asleep.

A/N: one more chapter😱😱😱