Chapter 36

Over the next week or two, Ronnie and Dinah hung out all the time. When they weren't together they were with their families. But basically their friendship grew IMMENSELY. Maybe a little too much.

You know how I said they had no feelings, like that, for each other? Well I can't say that now.

Both had grown a slight attraction for the other. But Dinah for sure would never act on it, she loved Chres, not Ronnie. A slight attraction wasn't gonna change anything, and she believed that Ronnie would respect her relationship.

Chresanto would warn her every night to stay away from Ronnie, but she told him nothing would happen.

They went out one day, to a private beach Dinah had rented out for the rest of the summer.

"Dinah! Come in the water's perfect!" He said as he jumped into the water.

"Naw, I'm good," she replied as she smirked and laid down in the sand, with her hands behind her head.

Ronnie smiled and rolled his eyes as he ran out of the ocean and onto the land. He ran towards Dinah, and as soon as soon as she saw him running towards she got up and ran away.

"NO! STOP!" Dinah said as she ran and laughed.

"NOT UNTIL YOU GO FOR A SWIM!" He yelled as he tackled her into the water.

They both went down and tumbled into the water. It was low tide, so when they landed, the water would creep up and recede back. It only really touched Dinahs hair. Ronnie hovered over her and pinned her arms on either side of her head.

"I knew I could get you wet," he said with a smirk.

Dinah's face got super red, as she stared at Ronnie in shock, "What did you say?"

"You heard me," she said with a smirk.

She blushed even harder, "Ronnie maybe we should get up."

"Come on DJ, you know you want to as much as I do."

"I-I-I can't," she stuttered.

"Why not?" He said as he cocked his head to one side.

"You know why," she said as Ronnie continued to hover over her, "I'm with Chres, I love him. Please get off."

He continued to hover over her before he made a hasty decision and kissed her.

At first she was shocked and got her hands out from under his grip and tried to get him off, but as he deepened the kiss, she started to kiss him back. She knew it was wrong, but my oh my this boy was fine. But she loved Chres what was she doing?! She managed to push him off.

"What the hell Ronnie?!" She said as she stood up and grabbed her things.

He stood up too as she started to leave.

"Dinah. Dinah!" He tried as he grabbed her hand making her turn around.

"WHAT?!"

"Look, I REALLY like you. And I know that this attraction is a two way street. I kissed you but you kissed me back," he reminded, "Even if it was only for an instance."

She looked at the ground in shame, "It was a mistake."

Ronnie lifted her head by her chin with his finger tip.

"Not to me," he said as he kissed her again.

This time there was only a slight hesitation in kissing him back. His hand rested on the back of her neck, pulling her in closer. She was tense, but kissed him back none the less. One of her hands in his, the other hanging idly at her side. But then...

"Dinah..." she heard a familiar voice.

Her eyes widened in shock as she separated herself from Ronnie and turned to see him standing there. The one and only Chresanto August.

"Chres..." Dinah said shamefully as she looked his way.

The first thing she noticed was his eyes. They were filled with disgust, hurt, pain, anger, jealousy, betrayal, etc. But his facial expression hid all of that, his facial expression only expressed anger. The flowers he held in his hands were on the floor as he stormed off. Dinah ran after him.

"Chres, Chres wait," she said as she caught up to him.

She grabbed his hand but he pushed her down into the sand.

"Get off of me," he spat.

Ronnie ran over to Dinah and made sure she was alright.

"What the hell man?!" Ronnie said getting all up in Roc's face.

Chresanto punched Ronnie, sending him to the ground. Once he was on the ground he crouched over Ronnie and started beating him to a pulp.

When he started to slow down Ronnie was able to fight back. The two went at each other, as Dinah tried to stop it all.

"STOP! STOP IT!" She yelled as she pried Chresanto off of Ronnie.

Roc stood up, as did Ronnie, both men figuring out their next moves.

Dinah stood in between them.

"STOP!" She yelled, "Ronnie I think you should leave."

"Naw, I'm not leaving," Ronnie said as he wiped blood off his face.

"Ronnie please," she pleaded.

"Naw, he don't have to leave because I am," Chres said as spat out blood and turned around to walk back to his car.

"Wait no Chres," she said as she went after him.

He turned to face her in fuming rage, "Keep away from me, ok. Stay with your little fuckboy over there. I don't give a shit about you anymore. You were always a fucking hoe. Now leave me the hell alone."

"Chres let me explain," she pleaded as tears started to well up in her eyes.

"I DON'T NEED A F**CKING EXPLANATION! I saw you two kissing, and it was clear you were kissing him back."

"No Chres you got it wrong."

"Tell me how I got it wrong!!! I saw everything Dinah!" He yelled, "Please do because I know what I saw."

"Chres please..." she pleaded as tears started running down her cheeks.

"Naw trick. We're done. You've played me too many times and I can't take it. I don't want it. I'm done!" He yelled as tears of anger and betrayal ran down his face.

"Chres. Baby, please," she said as she cupped his face.

He took her hand and threw it back at her.

"Don't baby me. You cheated. We're done," he said as he went to his car and drove off; leaving Dinah in tears and Ronnie in agony.